New Friend

Since you met Damien you two have not stopped texting. He was funny, charming, and seemed to have known you your whole life.

      He wanted to meet up later tonight and go on a drive.  It was a school day so you had a long day ahead of you. And right now you're in Ap chemistry class doodling on the paper you were supposed to be taking notes on waiting for Damien's reply. Good thing only 2 more minutes left in the period then you'd be off to your favorite class...*gardening*

*

Hours have gone by and now you have to go to your youth group church choir. You see you've never been too big on god, not really at all. But your father used to love to go watch the choir sing and so you felt you had to. To make him happy. 

Your dad died about 7 years ago in a drunk driving accident, you took it really hard but your mother had it way worse. Losing your soulmate is one of the hardest things to live through because the bond doesn't completely break, you still will feel like they are there...It's hard to describe. Anyway, your mother didn't get out of bed for weeks it was heartbreaking to watch but eventually she got better but she hasn't been the same.

You may have only lost your father that day but the mother you grew up with also disappeared. 

When you arrived at your church it was just after 4 pm and the sun was setting on your face, as the sunlight reflected in the glass door you opened entering into the main hall on your way to the choir room. When you arrived all the girls turned and your friend Diana came over with a few flyers and stuffs one in your hand.

"Star we're having a performance!" She lifts it up to my eyes and points her fingers across the big bold colored lettering.

         "All the tickets we sell will go to a charity of our choice! and look there's one for victims of drunk driving accidents!" She smiles and grabs my hand and brings me over to our seats. 

" I was thinking we could both pick that one, no one has picked that one yet." I open the flyer in my hand and see the date was just a week from now.

   "That sounds good Diana, I think I could probably raise a lot." Saying this you thought of Tony. Should you tell him? you thought he might donate more than he needed to. And you were already sure he spent thousands on other charities so you felt guilty asking him. But you knew he would find out somehow, either through you or his mystical powers cause he always seemed to know if I had any sort of event.  

*

After choir practice I walk outside and wait for tony to arrive, he always picked me up on Monday it was a tradition. You pull out your phone and see a few notifications one from Tony and one from Damien. 

Tony: Sorry kid can't pick you up today. we've got...

                      Well, there's a first time for everything. 

Damien: I can pick you up now if you're still  up for it;>

                    You bring your phone in between both hands and think for a few seconds before typing out,

          Star: Ya I'll send you my address