rejection

The dinner was going alright. Your mother made some rice and chicken, one of your personal favorites. and the Conversation was light and people were smiling. You were seated between tony and Loki, with Wanda across from you. But you could feel a sad-dark energy radiating from your left side.

Loki was like a cloud of grump. He was not smiling, not having fun at all. You look over at him as everyone is still in laughter and playful conversation. 

His eyes wander to you and he gives you a cutting glare. He never intimated you like he thought he did, but you never told him that. You thought his pride would be a bit to hurt. 

you feel the ground shaking and look down to see his leg shaking almost a little too hard. Why was he so upset? was it because he is sitting next to you? did he not like being here?

For some reason, you thought this was a good idea and put your hand on his leg which immediately stopped the shaking.  His eyes widen in surprise and he almost looks flustered but his face morphs right back to his usual grouch look. With your stare into his eyes, you give him a playful eye roll and sat back up normally with your hands back in your lap.

Now you couldn't see it but Loki couldn't stop smiling. He kept thinking about your touch on his thigh and how it felt. he wanted more, more of your fireplace-warm hands but he couldn't let himself think of such profanities while at dinner...with your mother.  

Now, this burst of joy didn't go unnoticed in the soulmate bond, especially compared to the dark atmosphere Loki created. And when the soulmates gave subtle glances to Loki they saw a small smile placed. They were surprised at what could've caused this. 

But when Loki's eyes go back to Star, they know. And a mix of jealousy, envy, and vicariousness floods the bond but Loki doesn't pay any attention. He is happy with those few moments... 

Which were soon ruined. 

Everybody wants you

*Ding, Dong*

The doorbell rings and star jumps up out of her seat and practically runs to the door. 

"Star come b-" your mom starts but stops when you exit the room. 

              "so sorry about that," she says with a small smile and gets up to chase after star but was stopped by--- by Star. 

"Guess who's here" She says giggling and trying to hold back a smile. And out from behind her comes their biggest problem. Mariana Gomez. for as long as the Avengers remember they were stuck like glue. Wherever Star Walker went Mariana Gomez followed. Don't get me wrong they already had a background check on her so she was technically in the clear but she always seemed to show up at the wrong times. 

        "Marita!" stars mother gives her a hug. 

And that was even worse. Her mom loved her too. They all became silent watching the interaction. Marita looks up and sees us, and gives us a small wicked smile along with a wave. She locks arms with Star and you don't even need to hear what she says to know whats going to happen next. cause now shes walking out of the room, shiny car keys in hand. 

"bye mom, bye guys," She waves then looks to Tony. 

      "bye, Tony." She flashes the last smile and is on her way. 

The bond is flooded with dread and hurt as they felt her presence slowly fade away. The same feeling she seemed to give them a little too often. 

"oh don't be too sad guys only a few months until she's 18. Then you can tell her and-"

"and let her decide if she loves us?" Steve says, interrupting Star's mom. 

rejecting your soulmate wasn't uncommon, but very unlucky. A bond is more of a suggestion, it's sometimes not exact(almost always is though). But people don't fall in love for many reasons and that's okay. But the avengers were not sure they could handle it if Star was to leave them. they already felt rejected whenever she only left for hours. If she were to actually leave with the intention to hurt them, they could only imagine the pain they'd have to inure.