Chapter 30: Long time, no seen

Dream's dad and his accompanied guards became visible. His dad sure as hell looked angry, but in a cold, collected way, which was even more terrifying.

"Betrayed by my own son, who would've thought." The words did nothing to hide his father's hatred. Dream was speechless. How did they find them?

"You sacrificed everything for this freak!" His dad didn't hide his disgust. "You turned on your own, even stabbing a scientist. All because of this creature." His dad pointed at George who looked like he was unconscious.

"How did you find us?" Was all Dream was able to say. His dad motioned one of his men in George's direction.

Rage filled Dream's mind. "Don't you dare fucking touch him!" Which made his dad roll his eyes. "You wanted to know, didn't you?" Dream was confused but kept quiet. One of the men carefully approached George, like he carried some sort of plague. When the man reached George, he pulled his collar down slightly, revealing what seemed to be a chip. A fucking tracker.

He met his father's gaze again. "The plan was to let him free and track him to their base. However, you made it a lot more difficult." His dad spat.

A hand suddenly gripped his jaw tightly. "You're way to much like your mother." The comment made Dream snap. "Don't you dare talk about my dead mother!" His dad let go of his jaw and took a few steps back. A menacing smile made its way onto his dad's face. "You never figured it out, did you? Dream just stared. "You know when animals get rabies, you put them down for the sake of others." Dream still didn't follow. The cold green eyes somehow got even colder. "Your mom was a rabies infected animal."

That when it clicked. "You killed her." The menacing smile came back. "Took you long enough."

Everything switched in that second. His mom didn't die on the "dangerous surface" she died at the hands of the man she once must've loved. Blinded by pure rage made Dream acted on impulse. He undid the holster on George's butterfly knife that he always carried with him and without even a drop of remorse plunged it deep in his dad's left arm. His father screamed and his face twisted in pain, but the man still managed to keep himself collected enough to connect his fist with Dream's face.

Unbearable pain erupted and made him lose sight for a moment. When he regained his conscious, a sharp pain made its way across his stomach. One of his dad's followers had made a deep cut along his torso. The pain made him fall to the ground. His dad had stumbled backwards and was obviously affected by the pain from the knife. But his companions seemed to know his plan. His dad's forced voice penetrated his mind. "You're nothing but a brainwashed, rabies infected animal, Clay" The use of his birth name truly threw him of. Which he realized was his dad's plan as one of his men walked up to him.

So, this was how he died? At the hands of his own father, more or less. The peace that so many people speak about after they've come close to death overtook his mind. He didn't want to die but he knew that at least he'd died knowing that he did his best at saving George, his George. The one person that he loved from the bottom of his heart. He'd never really thought about what might happen after you died, but he wished that so-called afterlife resembled any of the places that George had shown him in his dreams.

He closed his eyes.

'I'm sorry, George, that I couldn't keep my promise of following you to the ends of the earth.' Was his last thought.