Chapter 13: The Reveal

Paige:

I put a hand over my mouth.

Why would he do this?

Why Andre?

I see him, pinning a girl against a wall.

His mouth crashing into hers.

She doesn't fight it as he leads her into a closet.

I turn around and run into Lyndon.

He holds me in place so I can't run, my face buried in his shirt.

"It's not your fault Pay." He says in barley a whisper,"He's just a jerk."

That doesn't stop the tears.

How could he do this to a person?

How cruel and cold hearted do you have to be to do that Andre?

Yet, even in my rage, a little voice in the back of my mind says , You are so mad at him, yet you did the exact same thing.

Yes, I kissed Lyndon, but I did nothing more than that, I definitely didn't do...that.

Finally the tears stop coming.

I look up at Lyndon, his hazel eyes are filled with concern.

"I'm fine." I say.

"No," a voice behind me says,"you're not."

I look behind me to see Maz, her eyes filled with anger mixed with concern.

"Pagy, your heart is feeling conflicted and broken. There is only one cure." She says, eyes going from angry to bright.

Cautiously I ask,"What is that?"

Maz grins widely,"Dr. Maz prescribes a night of fun with your friends in town."

I look at her like she's crazy.

Lyndon nods thoughtfully and says,"Yes, that seems to be the only way to heal properly." He strokes an imagery beard thoughtfully,"We will probably will need to be out past three."

If my eyes could have gone wider they would have.

"Mom will kill me!" I hiss at them.

They both grin like the Cheshire Cat and and Lyndon says,"We are very good at making up excuses, ask Principal Bradbury."

Realizing I am outnumbered I sigh in defeat and say,"Fine, where to first?"

Both of them get very evil looks before saying in unison,"The Underground."

*****************************

Okay I know this is a short chapter.

And also sorry for not updating sooner.

Anyway, what do you think about Andre's betrayal and any guesses on what the Underground is?

Have a lovely day! 😊(I will try to update before Thursday but no promises)