Tea With Diaolo

Tea with Diavolo was pleasant, idle chat was made before we discussed the elephant of the room. I explained to the prince in a similar fashion to the way I did Levi so giving him the bare minimum without completely trauma dumping on him.

"So Diavolo, what would it take for me to convince you to RSVP a spot in the deepest pits for the tourture of someone really bad?" I chuckle.

Diavolo pauses and looks at me, and I can feel Barbatos's eys on me as well.

"What makes you ask that?"

"I know a guy." I state and turn away, not wanting to say why, my words linger in the air.

I see Diavolo look over to Barbatos and nod.

"I can see you dont wish to talk about it. Would you like to take a walk in the gardens?"

"You have roses?"

"I do. Do you like roses Isis."

"I do actually. I actually keep all flowers given to me long after they have dried out. I have several vases of roses Ive been gifted."

"How sentimental."

"Not so much sentiment, though I guess it plays a part, its more I like the way they look." I shrug.

I stand as Diavolo does and he leads me to the gardens, Barbatos surprisingly not following, when we reach the garden I cant help but gasp at the sheer size of it. As expected of a garden of a castle it was massive, flowers I couldn't even begin to name and those I could all beautifully maintained spanned out before me.

"So where are those roses you were talking about?" I ask amusment clear in my voice.

"They should be over this way." Diavolo places his hand on the small of my back pulling me slightly into his side, ive found that Diavolo is a touchy man of sorts. Probably didnt get much attention or interaction like this as a child.

Once we get close I all but run forward like an excited child, "Are those black roses?" I get closer and gasp. "They are!" I turn back to see Diavolo looking at me with an amused expression.

"They are a specialty of the Devildom."

I turn away from him and caress a blossom in my hand before leaning over to give it a sniff. The strong fragrance reminding me of my roses back home. "Theyre beautiful, the smell like home, though a bit stronger than the ones I have." I look back over to find the man now standing next to me, an hand gently touching a rose before he picks it.

I watch with interest as he messes with the stem a bit before whispering a few words to it, the tingle of magic in the air before he tucks the flower behind my ear.

"I put an enchantment on it, now it wont wilt. Though I doubt you would have minded."

I grab his large hand in both of mine, contempt and happiness rushing over me. "Thank you so much, I will treasure it."

"You seemed so exited by them, it would have been rude of me not to let you have one." Diavolo says, and I swear there was a slight blush crossing his cheeks.

I release his hand and continue on through the garden, telling Diavolo of my own roses, and the ones I had growing up.

"I also had this huge knockout rose bush that spanned almost an entire section of my porch, it was beautiful, then my grandfather-" I pause the memory of the man's death making me take a steeled breath, "My grandfather accidentally killed it, I was so upset I loved that bush."

If he noticed my moment of thought he thankfully didnt comment on it.

"It sounds beautiful."

"Oh it was. We also had several in old whiskey barrels, several along this strip of old wood by a tree, and then we planted more in the front yard. It was practically the only plant my grandmother could keep alive. Rose's wild damn near grow in anything, including the clay ridden soil where I'm from."