The One where We Drink On It

Kaessie

Chapter 14

The One Where we Drink On It

About halfway through the movie, my body suddenly changed from being incredibly hot to freezing cold. I was shivering the in the middle of the theater silently before Liam looked over and saw my fits of uncontrollable shivers. He gave me my jacket and I was still so cold. After the premiere, we were swarmed once more by paps, Louis and Harry coming out with us.

"Hey, guys," Liam said to them, putting an arm around me. "I'm taking Kaess home with me-"

"Oh la la," Zayn taunted, coming out of nowhere and winking at Liam and I. I blushed deep scarlet.

"You guys are pervs," I point out. "But I'm exhausted, and I don't need to be falling asleep behind the wheel, thank you."

"We don't need that."

"Exactly. So..." I found Layla, Evi and Ryni. "I'll tell Ryn, Ev and Lay where I'll be. Hold on just a second..." I made my way over to my best friends.

"Hey, Kaess," Lay greeted. Ryni was staring at me oddly.

"Kaessie, are you feeling alright?"

"I guess, why?"

"You look pale."

"Could be the lighting, or the ten pounds of make-up I have underneath this." I shrugged. "Anyway, I'm staying over at Payne in the arse's house over there, so I'll see you guys later."

"Oh... Going home with Liam, I see." Ryni winked just as Zayn had.

"You guys will be the death of me," I complained, going back to Liam.

"Ready to go, Kaess?"

"As I'll ever be," I agree. He bid his best friends farewell and guided me over to an unknown location by my waist.

"Where are we going?"

"I had my security guard bring my car over. Louis, Harry and Zayn will be so drunk tonight it won't matter if he brought theirs tonight, seeing as they'd need rides home regardless."

"Don't they have a DD?"

"Yeah," Liam shrugged. "Me."

"Hey, we have a common job!" I exclaimed, high-fiving him. "Anyway, you can just drop me off at Imperial if you want. I don't care."

"You don't want to spend time with me?" He pouted.

"What?! No! I never said that-"

"I'm kidding, Kaessie, relax." I exhaled sharply. "Besides, it's easier if you just stay at my house tonight and I drop you off tomorrow, seeing as Harry and Louis have a job to do at your dorm..."

"Like fixing my door... And my vent?"

"Pretty much." I snorted.

"Idiots," I grumbled. It was his turn to laugh and I put his heat on high, trying to stop my body from turning into a Kaessie-cicle.

"You're still cold?"

"I have been."

"That's odd."

"That theater was odd. I think the heat kept kicking on and off."

"I feel fine."

"You're a guy. You have thicker skin."

"Lame, not-true excuse. And aren't you the one that never got cold wearing a dress at night shorter than this one a few months ago?"

"Yeah, well... Well tonight it's colder. It's nearing December now. Get off me, bro." He rolled my eyes at my terminology and we rode the rest of the way in silence.