The One with The Shocking News

Ryni

Chapter 15

The One with The Shocking News

"Harry, there is no way you can fix all the damage you did to Kaessie's bathroom," Evelyn was telling Harry over breakfast at Starbucks the next morning. All of us were nursing small hangovers, especially Harry and Louis, and deciding to go out to for breakfast since no one felt like eating big enough meals to actually cook something.

"I am a handy man, I can fix anything I want!"

"Yeah, right," I snorted. "You're like... Layla and you both are like Wreck-It Ralph and I'm like Fix-It Felix."

"Like you could fix it! You're just a girl!" Louis countered. My eyes narrowed, my fist going into a ball at my sides.

"Just a girl? You're so sexist! I could fix it!"

"Doubt it!"

"Fine," I began. "I bet you that you can't fix Kaessie's bathroom in... Two days time."

"Two days?"

"Yepp."

"Wait, what about you?"

"If you can't, I will try and see who succeeds."

"Can we work in teams?" Louis asks. "Because... I really wanna use a staple gun!"

"That's such a scary thought, but sure. You, Louis, Niall and Liam vs Me, Kaess, Ev and Lay."

"You're on. Whoever wins has too..." He thought. "Hm... If I win, then I get to take you out on a date."

"Fine! And if I win... You have to go out with Kaessie's roommate, Karyn. And be the best gentleman ever."

"It's on." We shook on it.

"Speaking of Liam and Kaess, where are the two love birds?" Evi asked, looking around the area. It was ten in the morning, so it was a wonder we hadn't heard from them yet, unless they did something naughty last night..."

"They aren't dating," Harry snapped. "God damn you guys make it seem like they are."

"I barely even see them together," I confessed.

"They're like, perfect for each other," Layla explained, putting her head on Niall's shoulder. Niall grinned at her, but it was only half-hearted. He looked extremely tired and rough. Going back to Layla and Niall, her and the Irishman got pretty close over the course of a few days. Evelyn, however, tensed at the gesture between Layla and Nialler.

"I don't see it," Harry fired off again... Hm. Is a little Cheshire boy a wee bit jealous?

"Geezum, Harry. Calm it down," Layla sulked, clearly upset that Harry cared so much about Kaessie. Hm... I was slowly piecing everything in my mind.

"Sorry." He wasn't sorry at all. An awkward silence fell upon all of us. I noticed then that Niall hadn't touched his food or his coffee.

"Hey, Niall, are you alright? You haven't touched any of the food, or coffee." He shrugged.

"I'm tired, I guess. Not that hungry."

"Must be like a major hangover if Niall isn't eating," Louis jokes lamely, doing origami with his napkin.

"So, when do we have to start this project, exactly?" Harry broke the awkward silence that arose again. "I mean, we have to get Liam if we want to do it."

"Today."

"Today?!? What?!? That's not fair, we have to buy everything first!"

"Then I suggest you run to the store and buy it quick."

"But I don't know the dimensions!"

"I suggest you sprint." Shooting Louis, Niall and I a look, Harry already shot up.

"Two and a half days."

"Two."

"And a half."

"Two."

"And a half."

"Two."

"And a half."

"Two." We stared at each other a long time not blinking, before Harry finally caved in.

"Grah! Okay, fine!" Smirking victoriously, Harry rushed up and ran towards the door with Lou and Zayn right behind him as Liam came strolling into the Starbucks. I smiled at the fact that he was here, running a hand through my blonde locks from nerves.

"Harry, Louis, Niall, Zayn? Where are you guys all going?"

"Home improvement store!"

"Why?"

"Needa fix Kaessie's door! And you're helping-"

"No, I'm not," Liam said, firmly. He was very pale and had deep circles under his eyes, his face having a frantic expression on it, but even then he couldn't help but look absolutely perfect.

"Yes, you are. It's decided, we're already on teams."

"No, I'm not." He flinched away from Harry's hand which already clasped his wrist about to pull him out the door.

"Yes, you are-"

"I can't today, and neither can you."

"Why can't I?"

"Because... Just, let me sit down and tell you-"

"God, Liam, what's going on?" I asked him.

"Let me tell you in the car-"

"On the way to the hardware store, let's go-"

"No!" Liam snapped back.

"What's going on-" Evi began before Liam completely snapped.

"Kaessie went to the doctors this morning, she's on her way to the ER!"

Ryni, Layla and I all stared between each other before looking at Harry, Louis, Niall and Zayn, before we finally said something.

"What?" We all demanded, and Evi's knees locked and collapsed into the chair.

A/N: Ooh... Cliff Hanger.

First time I've done one of these :)

So... What do you think of Ryni and Harry's bet?

I'll update after 7 votes? 0:)

-Tapper