Part 239- A Glimpse Into My Head: You're only depressed if you cut?

So once again it was brought to my attention that some people think every depressed person has to cut.
NO!
And I can't stress this enough. You don't have to cut to be depressed!
I have met so many people who have felt obligated to cut just so people would actually believe they have a problem. Heck, I even felt that way.
But it's so stupid!
Cutting is an absolute last resort and it is in no way a good way to express yourself.
If you think you have to cut just for someone to believe you have this illness, don't. Find someone else because there's no need to do that, or have their negative energy in your life.
I speak from experience. Yes, I find my scars beautiful in a way because they show my strength and courage. But so many people find them disturbing, disgusting, wrong. It can really hurt relationships because it's harder to get intimate with a significant other when you have all these imperfections on your body, usually close to intimate places. When family members find out you have done this to yourself, it can make them hate you. And usually, you just get treated absolutely differently, like you're this extreme sensitive person who can't handle anything.
Now I'm not calling cutters stupid because I am one. And I'm so proud of you for hanging in here.
Just don't start cutting if you don't need to. Take the pain away in a healthier matter.
And please, all you lovelies who cut, try to stop with all your life! It's not worth it to continue. Say bye to your best friend, say thank you for all of the hard times they have gotten you threw, and send them on there way; it's time to let go. Believe me, you'll be glad you did so in the long run.

Stay strong pop tarts,
Love Maiya 💜