Back to Normal

~*****~

About a week later, it felt like everything in Magnolia was back to normal. Even with the news of Laxus being banished from Fairy Tail. Everyone reacted in their own way. Natsu threw a tantrum, obviously.

"Couldn't you have just sent him to his room?!" Natsu bellows at Master Makarov as I enter the guild hall with a sack of jewels I'd gotten from a job I went on with Gajeel. "I THOUGHT HE WAS APART OF OUR FAMILY!" Natsu roared. "We all know he's a jerk but come on!"

"That is quite enough." Erza snapped.

"BUT NOW THAT HE'S GONE, I MAY NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO FIGHT HIM AGAIN, GRAMPS!" Natsu bellowed.

I chuckle as I pat his shoulder. "He's not dead, you know. Working as a freelancer will give him time to travel and you never know. You might meet with him again someday." I mention.

"C'mon, you got to beat him in a fight!" Natsu complained.

"I said enough!" Erza snapped. "Imagine how the master must be feeling right now! Do you think he expelled Laxus because he wanted to?"

"N-No, but..." Natsu trails off.

"I still can't believe he ended up being a Dragon Slayer just like you guys!" Ballad comments.

Makarov sighs. "No, Laxus was never a real Dragon Slayer."

I hum delicately. "I thought he smelt a little strange to be a dragon slayer." I mention after Master explains.

"I'm sorry," Makarov sighs again.

"Wow, I didn't even know that existed!" Happy mentioned. "Dragon Slayer Lacrima?"

I hum again. Master then proceeded to try and leave the guild to atone for the trouble Laxus caused, but Freed-- with his new haircut-- convinced him to stay as our Master.

Even Erza's been off lately. I mean, with Mystogan resembling Jellal so closely. I'm still confused about that. But the only problem that seemed to arise was, well...

"Hey, I knew Aria was gonna win!" I hear someone shout as I stand besides Lucy.

"THERE GOES MY RENT MONEY!" Lucy sobbed.

"You could take a job." Natsu comments.

"But winning the pageant would've been so much easier!" Lucy cried.

"I don't' mind spotting you, ya know..." I mutter as I lean against the table. "I didn't mean to win, Happy and I just thought it was funny to see you sweat."

"Yeah, you get all slimy!" Happy chirped.

"I DO NOT!" Lucy cried as she slumped into a table.

Cana slips into the table besides her and grunt. "I really need a man."

"What the heck? A man?" Lucy asks.

"I need, well, a boyfriend," Cana whines. "I've been single for too long, and I'm starting to get the urge, if you know what I mean."

I huff. "Damn, don't I ever." I comment dryly as I perch on the table. Lucy, however, is flushing. "Oh, why did that make you blush, Lucy~"

"Oh, uh, I'm not blushing!" Lucy stammers.

"C'mon, Blondie. You've had boyfriends before, right?" Cana asks as we lean closer to her.

"Yeah, I've had like, three--" Lucy continues to stammer.

"Three? You're such a liar," I giggle. "Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard you express wanting to date someone." I mention.

"Well, yeah, I've had crushes... but, I dunno. I suppose it's not meant to be." Lucy hums.