Magnolia Harvest Festival

~*****~

I gazed at Natsu as he stumbled along the crowd, his face pale. "Natsu still hasn't recovered, huh?" Lucy hums.

"He does seem rather ill, doesn't he?" Juvia comments.

"He'll be fine once he eats. Trust me." Gray mentions.

I laugh. "Yeah, I ate so much while trying to recover from that ether-nano. I was back on my feet in no time."

"You haven't changed a bit, Gray," I hear a new voice comment.

"Hey, Warren! It's been a while!" Gray laughs as we turn to see the new guy.

"Didn't think I'd make it back for the festival." Warren smiles. "But here I am."

Gray smiles. "This guy takes on so many jobs, we hardly ever see him."

"Wow." Lucy says.

I hum delicately. "Hello, I'm a new recruit. My name's Juvia." Juvia introduces herself.

Warren turns his gaze onto her. "Ah, so you're the one I've been hearing about."

"Meet Warren Rocco." Gray says. "He's a master of Telepathy Magic."

"It's nice to meet ya." Warren says.

"Thank you, the pleasure is all mine," Juvia smiles. "This festival is quite a sight."

"No kidding, what a crowd," Lucy laughs.

"It's a pretty big deal." Warren nods. "People come from all around to see the Fantasia Parade."

"I can't wait to see it myself!" Lucy chirps.

"We're in the parade, remember?" I mention as I nudge her side.

"Wasn't there something else I was supposed to be in?" Lucy hums.

I laugh. "The Miss Fairy Tail contest."

She flinches. "I forgot all about it! MY RENT MONEY!" She whines as she runs off.

I turn to the others, salute with my fingers and run after her.

~*****~

"The long wait is finally over, Ladies and Gentlemen!" The announcer cries. "Welcome to the one and only, Miss Fairy Tail Contest! Where your favorite fairies fight in a battle of beauty! I'm Max Alors-- Sand Wizard Extraordinaire, and I'll be your host for this exciting event! Now, let's meet entry number one: The Exotic Beauty who'll drink you under the table any day of the week! Cana Alberona!" The crowd cheered wildly for her. "Now bust out some magic and show us your stuff! She sent her deck spinning! What could she be doing behind all those cards? She changed into a swim suit!" Max sure is fired up for Cana. I didn't blame him, she is definitely strong.

I snorted lowly and began to giggle at the sheer amazement in Max's voice. "The prize money can cover my tab." I hear Cana mention.

"A swim suit! No fair!" Lucy whines as we peek out from behind the curtains.

"That's a clever idea. Maybe I should do the same." Erza says.

"You're in this, too?!" Lucy gasps.

Erza just smiles. "Whenever I hear the word contest, I get all worked up."

"Bye, bye, rent money," Lucy cries. "It's over for me."

"On to entry number two!" Max shouts. "She may be new, but her magic is S-Class! A radiant beauty in Rain or Shine-- Juvia Loxar!" Juvia does some strange water magic and suddenly she's in a very flattering blue bikini. "And our lovely lady is all set for a fabulous day at the beach!"