𝟸. 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚎

5 years ago

"Well, that movie was shit."

"In their defense, you're a heartless piece of crap. That movie was good!"

"Ya, what kind of idiot doesn't think about what kind of people they're saving during an apocalypse? Besides, who even saves people during a zombie apocalypse? You should only be looking out for yourself. Other people are a burden!"

You looked at him in disbelief. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. He hangs out with Myung-hwan and the others for one week and he already thinks he's some sort of badass?

"Well, are you calling me a burden, then?"

"Stop manipulating my words, you bitch, I didn't mean it like that. All I'm saying is that if that situation ever happened, which it won't, I'm not gonna waste my fucking time trying to save other people when I can BARELY even protect myself as it is. And you should too."

You frowned as he stood up and stretched, kicking the crushed bags of chips and cans you guys emptied out while watching the movie. You guys were only in middle school, so you couldn't really watch a horror movie in theatres alone, so you guys decided to just watch it at his place since his parents worked late anyways. You've always been welcome to their residence, with you being his childhood friend and all, but mostly because he was almost always at home alone. Your parents trusted him enough to know he wouldn't let anything bad happen to you, and his parents trusted that you would take care of him while they were gone. It was an unsaid bond between you two; a bond that pulled you two together, no matter what circumstances changed in the years that passed. Or it should have been, at least.

"It's getting late. Get up and I'll take you home."

"Shouldn't we at least clean first?"

"I'll do it late-"

"Ha! Yeah right, says the guy who looks like he hasn't even gotten a proper haircut in months!"

"Hey, this hairstyle is cool! It'll grow on me when I get older!"

"Sure, mullet boy. Now go get a trash bag."

He glared at you for a short while before going to the kitchen to get it, mumbling something along the lines of "This bitch, why are they always ordering me around in my own goddamn house..." You smiled softly before kneeling down to pick up the trash you guys left on the floor and giving it to him. The two of you cleaned in silence for the next few minutes until you felt satisfied about the condition of his living room.

"It looks cleaner than before..."

"That's because you're lazy, you idiot."

"You bitch, just go home already!" He grabbed your bag and jacket and threw it at you, before pulling you with him out the door and out of his apartment complex.

The two of you walked quietly. It was a 20-minute walk from his place to yours, so he would usually leave earlier to pick you up in the morning but ever since he hung out with the other guys, he-

"Hey, if there was a zombie apocalypse, who's the one person you'd take with you that isn't a complete burden?" You asked, just to get on his nerves. It's too quiet...

He stared at you with his hands in his pockets, before humming to himself. That went on for a while before you frowned and put yourself in front of him, making him stop.

"If you don't say me, I swear to God, I'm going to leave, ghost you, and never return. And I'm the only one you have left!" It's a joke. I'd never do that to you.

"Hmm... Then, I'd take Hyeon-ju. She's cute, and not annoying." He smirked, knowing it would piss you off. All you did was stare at him silently before walking back home.

"Ya."

"Ya, Y/N!"

"Ya, you fucking bitch, don't ignore me! Come back here!"

I don't remember what happened after that. I think we probably made up; he would've bought me food at the convenience store we'd pass by, ruffle my hair a little bit at the lobby of my apartment, and then leave, telling me he'd come by to pick me up early tomorrow. It was always like that whenever we fought.

Was.

I think that was the last time we ever watched a movie together. Or the last time we actually spent together without being interrupted by a call from his "friends". All I know is that that was the last time he brought me home.

And now that I think of it, sometimes I think mankind jinxed themselves with the amount of apocalyptic movies and TV series they've put out in the past few years, and the 'what if' scenarios that would come up in conversations. Either that, or that was their own way of getting people ready for the inevitable, because-