𝟷𝟻. 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢

When the tension dropped, Dae-su thought it was funny to bring up the topic of crushes back again to serve as a distraction for others. Not wasting any time trying to embarrass Cheong-san for what he did to you earlier, you picked on him.

"Come on Cheong-san, just tell them already!"

"You bitch."

"So you actually do have a crush? For real?" On-jo asked him in curiosity. Knowing the jig was up because he couldn't bring himself to lie to her, he hummed in reply. Everyone else looked at each other, putting the pieces together.

"Why do you keep stalling? Do you have a crush or not?"

"Uh... pretty much, I guess."

"... Pretty much? What does that mean?" God, it was so awkward, you immediately regretted doing this to Cheong-san. On-jo, however much you loved her, was an oblivious idiot, while Cheong-san was an idiot who couldn't express his feelings. If they were idiots in love, you could've probably gone along with anything else, but they're just 2 idiots at this point.

"So, who is she?" On-jo asked again, also oblivious to the gazes of the other people that surrounded them. Su-hyeok looked at Cheong-san in an attempt to coax him into just saying it already. The others either fixated their gaze on the couple, or tried to find other things to focus on to avoid the awkwardness in front of them.

"... No one." You groaned as quietly as you could, covering your ears and putting your hood over your head. It was getting unberable, mostly because you could hear how loud and fast Cheong-san's heartbeat was/

"Come on, who is she? Do I know her? Who is it?" On-jo teased him, grinning a little. You wished you were dead, you really did. Anything was better than watching this. And then, as if your prayers were answered, he said.

"You." All eyes are on him.

"It's you, On-jo... I like you." He finally said it, you, Nam-ra and Su-hyeok all thought in unison. Dae-su's mouth dropped and Hyo-reong held back a smile. On-jo chuckled softly, before turning to the others.

"He's just joking. He doesn't mean it. I mean, we've been friends and neighbors since kindergarten, that's all." Joon-yeong smirked while Ji-min just pursed her lips with a soft smile.

"I'm not joking..." Cheong-san never took his eyes off of On-jo, and you stared at both them, all jokes aside, with a sympathetic smile on your face. "Ever since I was 6 years old, I've always liked you, On-jo. And I always will." Aww that's so swe- wait, did he say 6? You bit your lip, trying to erase your thoughts of the similarities you've found between those two and your relationship with the one-eyed psycho, and Nam-ra scoffed at you silently.

"... That's awesome." Dae-su whispered under his breath and Hyo-reong smiled at him. When no one else said anything, On-jo got up from her seat much to everyone's dismay and left to go be alone for now, gathering her thoughts. Everyone watched her silently, speechless as they couldn't even find the right words to comfort either of the pair. This had always been a conversation he knew he had to have with her, much more now so with their futures becoming unclear as every hour passed, but it was all so new to him that even if he wanted to, he couldn't. The three of you exchanged looks, with Nam-ra shrugging while you rubbed Cheong-san's back in an attempt to comfort him.

"Cheong-san-ah." Su-hyeok called to him, and made a gesture saying 'Go talk to her.' Cheong-san hesitated until you hit him lightly on the shoulder.

"Do it now or regret it later. If you don't want to have the same, "uncomfortable" situation twice, which is one more than necessary, then go talk to her right now. It's best if you get it over now anyways. At least when you finish it, you'll go to sleep tonight knowing that if you'd ever die tomorrow-" You knocked on a random piece of wood, making everyone chuckle. "-you'd have no regrets." After a moment of silence, pondering over the words you said, he got up and made his way over to On-jo, who was staring down at the school grounds. He knew you were right. You always were. He appreciated the advice, but he sometimes wished you'd take your own too.