𝟷𝟸. 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

When Cheong-san saw that you were standing a few feet back from the others, silently staring at the makeshift distress signal, he grabbed you by the arm and pulled you away into a corner far from earshot. You were gonna ask him what was up, but he pointed to the door in silence. You followed his finger, confused, until you saw the dents at the bottom.

"You said Gwi-nam would be able to dent the door, but not break it. He has had supernatural strength and resilience ever since he turned, or became immune to the virus, or whatever, but that's something I've already come to terms with, so why... How the fuck did you do that to the door even he wasn't able to get through?" You swallowed the lump in your throat, finding your hands in your hoodie pockets. The knife you kept was still there for safekeeping, but you realized that you probably won't ever need it anymore.

"Y/N." Cheong-san called to you, and you looked at him. He didn't want to say anything because he wanted to hear it from you yourself. He already knew you were on their side for the most part, but if his speculation is correct, then he needed the truth to come from you.

"I... I didn't want to tell you like this. Or the others, in all honesty, so..." You mumbled, avoiding his gaze again. "Earlier today, when you and Gwi-nam ran off without me on the first floor, I got bit." Cheong-san opened his mouth to say something, but you cut him off.

"I didn't keep it from you since then. I didn't even know until earlier when we were building the barricade in the music room, and I didn't tell you guys back then because we already had a lot on our plate. I couldn't risk causing another panic when we were already knee deep in shit with zombies everywhere."

"What do you mean you didn't know until we were in the music room? But you knew you got bit earlier in the morning?" He was obviously confused and you didn't know how to tell him what happened. No. You couldn't; you knew he would blame himself for it.

"Y/N, what the fuck happened to you?" He whispered, not wanting to draw attention to the both of you, and grabbed you by the shoulders, silently begging. It was taking everything in him to not cause a scene right then and there, and you wouldn't even look him in the eye. He was desperate for answers. He didn't want to lose you, or Nam-ra, or anyone else, like he lost Gyeong-su.

While you told him everything, On-jo saw the both of you. Nam-ra had already been watching the two of you since earlier; she could hear everything, of course. She was going to help you tell him, but she thought against it, knowing that it was something only you could explain to him properly and comfort him when he understood the reality of the situation. On-jo noticed Nam-ra's gaze towards the pair secluded on the side, and tapped her on the shoulder.

"What are they talking about?" Nam-ra looked at On-jo, thinking, before replying.

"Y/N will tell all of you something later. They're telling Cheong-san first because... he may be partially related to it, but they'll tell you and the others all about it soon. Just give them some time." Nam-ra explained and On-jo nodded in understanding, giving her a smile and thanking her before turning her attention back to the two of you. Cheong-san listened to you silently as you told him everything, and after that, he couldn't even utter a single syllable in reply. You silently asked him if he needed some space, and he would've cried then and there; why were you the one comforting him? He was one of the reasons you turned. He fucking did this to you. It's not just on Gwi-nam, but also him. He... He should've listened to you.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled, dropping his hands from your shoulders and held your hand. You were slightly on the cold side. You gave his hand a squeeze and patted his shoulder, laughing lightly.

"Don't be. Come on, Cheong-san, it's alright; I'm okay. I don't even blame you for this. Gwi-nam was the one who left the door open and got me hurt, not you. It's already been done, anyways, so there's no use in you beating yourself up over this. On the bright side, I can help fight and protect you guys!" You counter offered and he couldn't fathom what he was hearing. Why were you laughing and smiling? You should be angry; angry at him for provoking Gwi-nam and being the reason Gwi-nam even had to chase after him. You should be fucking furious right now, because-