xxii. theatrical confession

xxii. THEATRICAL CONFESSION

Lulu opened her locker, carelessly throwing her books inside with only one thing in mind

Lulu opened her locker, carelessly throwing her books inside with only one thing in mind. Going home to pack her bags for the ceremony. It would take place the following day in Los Angeles but she was supposed to leave tonight because she would spend the next day getting ready and completing some interviews and shoots.

She slammed her locker door shut and saw red when her eyes landed on the figure of the girl she wanted to put down. Jules.

Lulu didn't have the full story, she only knew what Rue had told her and she wasn't sober at the time Jules had fucked her up. But Lulu didn't need the full story to know that Jules had been a menace to Rue's health and that she had been a total hypocrite.

She was ready for battle, her knuckles turning white, when her view was obstructed by Lexi, "Hey, Lulu! You ready for the rehearsal?"

Lulu fluttered her eyelashes quickly, taken aback, "Uh, yeah, yeah... Wait, is it now?"

Lexi giggled, "Yeah! Hm, you okay?"

Lulu shot one last look at Jules —who didn't seem to notice the threat lurking over her shoulders, before smiling at Lexi, "Yeah, totally, let's go!"

And thirty minutes later, Lulu was climbing up the stage after Lexi had explained what she had envisioned for a scene in the gym, "So... when's the part where you tell me that this play is about us?"

Lulu gulped in embarrassment, looking everywhere to avoid Lulu's gaze, "I mean, I guess that's why you didn't want me to read the whole play, right?"

Lexi's face turned red, "I... n-no?"

"Lex... this part is clearly about Nate," Lulu said knowingly, "And the whole cheerleader scene... Maddy and Cassie."

Lexi knew Lulu would eventually understand out of context. Secretly, that was actually what she wanted. But she didn't think she would figure it out this fast.

"Am I in the play?" Lulu asked, "Wait, is that why you didn't want me around when you cast certain characters?"

Lulu opened her eyes wide with realization when Lexi looked at her in guilt, "Oh my god! I am! Wait, but like... yo, I wanna know!"

"You don't think that's weird?" Lexi asked, biting her lip nervously, "Like... I feel like people are gonna get upset."

"Upset about what?" Lulu replied, "They should be flattered that you're using their lives for inspiration."

Lexi shrugged, "Cassie and Nate?"

Lulu grimaced, "Nate's a fuckin' piece of shit, who cares what he thinks. And your sister... y'know, I fuckin' love you Lexi but she's a massive cunt."

Lexi chuckled, "But, hm, yeah, you're in the play..."

"Am I Mona?"

Lexi nodded and Lulu's face cracked into a smile that made Lexi's heart flutter in her chest, "But I... I'm not exposing you or anything."