Playboy Passion

Bridgestone
16th February 1881

"My lady, may I just say, I love your eyes. They're so bright and pretty. No woman can be compared to the beauty of yours! And ahh, the night we spent together before was just something I definitely cannot describe in words-"

said a handsome young man, smirking and kissing the knuckles of an anonymous woman, as she drank another sip of wine and kept on interlocking, and entwining her fingers with his.

"Although, I must take your leave now, for my sport awaits." continued that man again after leaning close to her face and implanting a kiss on her temples.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, we have a new contestant, please welcome along with me, our one and only hungover boxer. "

This could only be William Brown, son of the famous British business magnate and philanthropist Mr George Brown hailing from a family of good fortune. An heir to his father's business, William unlike him was a reckless man by nature and a humongous playboy. With little appreciation of politics, writings, environment or anything people did during their era, the charismatic, handsome, chiselled face William was only interested in being in the company of women, smoking cigars and getting drunk.
In addition to this, if there was something to keep him away from, except the ladies after having a hangover, was boxing.
He was engrossed in that sport like nothing else, though somewhere inside of him, he knew it wasn't meant for him. And so he was in the middle of a boxing tournament, in which he was losing.

Obviously.

He had never been good at that sport but nobody knew why he pursued it anyway.

With his face and body swelled up with the injuries that occurred, exhausted, yet with a smirk William continued, only to get beaten up more and more and as a result, finally lose it.

"I could have easily won had I not been distracted by my lady over there,"

"Why do you not involve yourself in a good relationship with some pretty young wealthy woman William?" Asked one of his friends who was really bored of all his casual dalliances.

"Because life is too short to be living with just a single thing when you know you can have anything and everything. So, then tell me George why settle for only one when you can have many? And in anyway, every woman out here in Bridgestone dies to share a bed with me. So why would I be such a bad man and deny their wishes when I know I can fulfil them all huh?"

chuckled William as he put his clothes and patted on George's cheek while his other friends couldn't help but laugh it out. 

Time passed and it was already midnight and as always, William had again spent an entire day in the tavern. Drunk enough, William ultimately led down his guard and walked back to his mansion only to be seen by his father who was already very furious.
"William George Brown! Get yourself clean and sober and meet me in my chambers! Now!" shouted him as his son just sighed and did what was told to.
After he was presentable enough to meet his father, he knocked and entered his room. While George was indeed very disappointed with his son's behaviour, his mother Elena, just kissed him, relieved that his son was alright.

"You wanted to see me father?" asked William with a bit of hesitation in his voice as he had almost suspected his father's unspoken words.

"Indeed."

said his father, as he took a hiatus and continued,

"I am sure, you must have heard the talks of the town regarding your nature William. They're quite popular, aren't they son?"

William did not dare to say a single word.

"I never thought you would turn out this way William and it makes me feel ashamed of being your father. What is wrong with you? Do you realise the fact that you are the son of an honourable man and are supposed and expected to behave like one? Tell me, William.
Are you expected to be a drunkard man who spends every day in the tavern, flirting with the women of the society or like a good son who respects his name and family, and matured himself as a gentleman should?
And good lord, so many dalliances!
Do you understand the gravity of the situation and of the personality you have carved yourself in?"

"Father if I may--"

"I beg your pardon?
Was that an attempt to argue with me?"

William denied it and did not dare to utter a single word thereafter. He just bowed his head in insult with frustration for his father coursing through his veins, when George spoke again in his bold, strict voice --

"Now, William Brown, better listen to me son. Loud and clear. You shall be leaving at first light to Pemberton, your aunt's place, stay there for a month and come back, sober and honourable, like a complete gentleman. Have I made myself clear?"

Even though William did not desire to go to a mere village, he did not dare to disobey his father and so, unwillingly, he agreed and told his servants to pack his belongings.
"We are to leave at first light." Commanded he to his servants as he went back to his chambers, irritated with his father's decision.