The Ball

"I wanted to love no one,
Neither anyone desired to love him,
All our lives, we were waiting to meet
Not knowing just yet.

We hadn't met without a reason,
t'was guided by destiny all along.
In a musical tale of love
Of longing, and loss,
We had a story sealed with a curse,
Darling, when would our paths again cross?
Like a spark of seperation,
Like a unique kind of fireball,
Your thirst and desire had killed me,
and tore me into a million pieces afterall.

Incompleteness followed me
Wherever I went,
When all I wanted was to sense your soul,
holding my hand, lest I felt low.

It never mattered wherever I was, or the days when I cried a little hard,
for in my colourless world darling,
your liveliness was my only card.
All my sufferings found relief,
whenever I saw your face,
The agony just flew away, as we walked on our paths again.

Now I stand here, realising,
We were the pawns of our own love life,
I wish I had never known you for,
Saying goodbye was easy in life.
It was like my go-to thing,
something that never bothered me.
But now I'm here, all shattered and broken down,
Waiting for my tears to drown."

------------------------

Audrey used to pen down her thoughts every single day, craving for everything of William, as she imagined him in her dreams, in her realities and her life.
She was in love with William Brown but she knew it wasn't ever going to be the way she desired things to be with William.
So all she did was silently weave her expressions like moulding mould and think of how blessed was she to have met such a man in her life.
While the dear woman was busy in her own world of William Brown, she hardly ever realised of how and when a month already had passed by and that their end was soon about to arrive.

One fine day, came an invitation from the Lady Gresham's mansion of a ball that had been organised by her in celebration of her nephew going back to Bridgestone on the very next morning.
Audrey, fortunately unbeknownst to the reason behind the ball, was thrilled to receive the invitation and was already on cloud nine. To meet William on the night of a ball seemed like a pretty exquisite visit to her unlike her daily visits and hence she had decided to wear one of her most elegant of dresses given to her by her father, Mr Miller.

As the whole family was cordially invited, Aurora too had got the chance to be at the ball and though they were not really her thing, it was still considered as a chance for her to finally have a word with her sister regarding the confrontation.

Ever since that day, Aurora had never seen her sister idle or alone. Either she was always busy with the household chores with Angela, their mother or spending time with Lady Gresham's nephew William.
And so, it was finally the day when she had got the opportunity to have a conversation with her. Though Audrey would not really be a fan of it, she thought it was at least worth a try.
Thus, when they all were dressed with the ladies' beautiful gowns and Mr Miller's black coat, they settled themselves down in two carriages, one for the clergyman and his wife and the other for their two daughters.
As the carriage moved and finding themselves all alone in it, Aurora finally attempted to begin the conversation she desperately wanted to for many days,

"Sister, I..."

"Don't Aurora. As much as I am offended by you and Thomas, I have tried reasoning your situation and the love you both have but I do need time to come to terms with it and hence I cannot forgive you now, but I promise you this, that I would indeed forgive the both of you in time."