The Fight

One thing that had certainly changed after William was diagnosed with the liver disease was the silly arguments he used to do with Audrey about his self loathing. Ever since, he became ill, incapable of helping his wife, he always found something wrong about him, telling her to not love him, or to not trust him. Sometimes, he even doubted if she had any love left for him anymore or not.

Audrey remembered the days when William would make up scenarios where she was happier with someone else, maybe cheating on her with her own ex fiancé Thomas even though he was Aurora's husband.

While all the time, William argued on silly notions of self loathing and other unconcerned matters, Audrey was always soft when it came to him, telling him that she loved him no matter what his condition was. She would always hug him until he let whatever caused him to just pass by and he would hug her back.

She was always understanding, letting him talk for hours to no end on how much she deserved someone better than him, then by the end, she would kiss him with a smile saying that there's no one better for her than him.

Even though William used to drink a lot, but it was never that he would do it up to the point that he was slurring and cursing and piss drunk. Those times were saved for the moments worth getting drunk to and forgetting them the next day. But that wasn't what happened that night.

Audrey was out with Thomas for theatre as she wanted to so badly have a night out for she was mostly confined in the cottage due to her pregnancy days.
Aurora on the other hand had decided not to go and was sleeping with her daughter Ella in another room when William managed to get drunk at home. When Audrey finally came home with Thomas quite late at night, she bid him goodnight and entered the door to her chambers when William looked up to her. She knitted her eyebrows, figuring out his current state.
"William, are you drunk?"

She asked worriedly.
"What do you think, huh, Audrey? " He lightly grumbled.

"I'm not dumb, William, why are you getting yourself drunk? You know it isn't right for you and you even know why! "

"Oh, you care so much, don't you?!!"

shouted William banging the chair beside him with his leg, standing up and continuing-

"Seriously, Audrey, it's really nothing. It won't matter much to my deteriorating health anyway." He slurred.
Audrey gave a small humorless laugh.

"You and I both know that's not true."

"Alright! It's you!"

He said. Audrey's eyes widened with his outburst, her heart already clenching with pain.

"I don't know why you're still with me, alright?! I cause you pain, I had you almost heartbroken, I left you when you needed me the most, during Timothee's time, I misunderstood you and Thomas's relationship. And yet you do not desire to leave me?! I am already dying! You, on the other hand, Audrey can happily marry any man of your liking since you're the most beautiful and perfect wife anyone could ever want!"
I know you told me you trust me, well, you can't! I'm just a reckless man driving myself crazy and weak each passing day. I only bring you havoc and agony, and everything that is not a fairy tale that you could be living!"

He screamed.

"I want to watch you live happily everyday, knowing that no one is going to hurt you, that one day you're going to find someone who loves you as much as I love you, then you two will have children, grandchildren-