Our Little Things

---------------

".....sometimes in one moment we get the love that we need for our entire lifetime and sometimes even after searching for our entire life, we do not get the love we desire, even for a single moment.... I was fortunate to be the person who got love in just a moment. At first I used to cry dreadfully, uncontrollably without any hiatus and blamed the Almighty for all the losses I had in my life. First the untimely demise of my child, then my husband. It was heart breaking. Heart wrenching. But then, someone showed me the way out of the griefs in my life. And it was him. The light to my dark, the hope to my despair. My William Brown. I still vividly remember that day when it was a warm sunny morning and nostalgia of my past had hit me, which was the death of my new born baby Timothee. When William saw me grieving that day, he told me something, I want to appallingly pen down here. He told me that, it does not matter how many days we live in our life. What indeed, at the end of the day matters is that, how much we live in those days.
His loving words touched me and ever since that time, I promised him never to live in my past and move on with my life. Although moving on also included leaving William behind and to believe he was actually gone, I kept on holding to that one.
All my life I had always been flowing like a river. Never stayed stagnant at all. But this was different. I could not flow like the river knowing it had no place water in it anymore. It was like being a waterbody with no water. Being a star without it's prominent light. William was my better half, my partner in crime, my husband in life, and a month ago, the light to my darkness, the flame of my eternal fire had extinguished. Gone. Reduced to ashes.
But then time again, he had fulfilled his purpose in life. He found solace in his family, in me. He often told me, when he knew his time was less, that he held no regrets. He was ready to depart, with a smile on his face. For he had fulfilled his destiny.
He had become the gentleman he always was in his deepest of stature.
He had fallen in love with a woman of his hearts.
When the society disregarded their relationship, he eloped and married her, started a family with her in a quiet little village just as they always wanted.
The only wish he deeply desired, was to see the face of his child or children before breathing his last and that got fulfilled too!
His last wish, his last request to the Almighty was a boon. A blessing to him. After finally seeing and being contented by looking at his not one, but two babies, a boy and a girl, he was done. He was happy. He was calm and he could rest then.
William Brown went into his deep sleep on 20th July 1886. The same day when his twins were born..."

It was a silent glimmery black night with stars shining and gleaming brightly in the dark sky. While Audrey was pending down her last thoughts of the day when she had come back after finally narrating her story,

'Edward and Katherine' 

she was disturbed by the soft cooes of her babies, especially her son.
She slowly approached the golden crib that stood in the middle of chambers as she heard the little sniffles coming from her babies. Audrey smiled as she bent over the walls of the crib. She trembled as she saw her children, as their soft black hair messily sprawled over the bottom of the crib. The eyes, their eyes. Audrey softly chuckled. Her babies' faces were sticky, glistening. As if they had been crying for ages. Picking them up slowly, Audrey gently pressed then against her chest. One baby in each arm of hers. She smiled as she tugged their hair and sang a lullaby, which was more of a memorable song for her.

Come Josephine in my flying machine
Going up she goes, up she goes
Balance yourself like a bird on a beam
In the air she goes, there she goes...

Her children turned their attention to the window for a moment, where Audrey had been standing holding them as she rocked then slowly, pressing a small kiss on both of their foreheads. Seeing as they were invested in whatever was happening out there, Audrey giggled and kept on rocking them peacefully in her arms as she chuckled and opened the large window, allowing her a better look.

Peering out of it, she saw her children giggling with joy at the scenery of the stars above in the sky.

"You like the stars too huh Audrey and William? You know, your father loved these stargazing nights too, my little things."

As Audrey looked at the stars with her sweet little babies in her arms, looking up she knew of the fact that her dear husband William was there, somewhere amongst them reminding her of the poetry he had once recited-

"Just close your eyes and you would see
all the moments you've captured of me.
Just sit and relax and you would soon find
that I'm still really inside your mind.

Agony and pain,
these miseries and sorrows
will all fade away,
once you forget and remove,
those anguished clouds of grey.

Pick up the past and move on now,
One can't forever be the same.
Float like a river, flow with the waves
carrying on with the life you'll face.

Don't think of me in the dark and cold.
For I'm here, no longer old.
Reduced to ashes, left no more.
Feeling you through the waves of the shore.

Don't cry for me, now I'm gone.
For I am in the land of the song.
I'm in the place that's filled with love,
Known to all, as the heaven above."

William never wanted his loved ones to cry for him, or to mourn for his loss.

"If you ever miss me, I'll be right up there, shining and glimmering the radiation of the star I become, at all of you, especially you Audrey."

Audrey knew this; she knew William was looking at them.
Looking at his family.
Looking at his children.
But mostly looking at his one and only

Audrey William Brown.

She thus, smiled with tears in her eyes and then pressed her children's faces to her cheeks as she one last time, looked at the stars and whispered

-----------------------------

"Our Little Things, William. They are Our Little Things."

-----------------------------

THE END

***