An Unspoken Thing

Their meeting at the meadows was life-changing for Audrey. There was an unspoken thing that was felt by her when she held her hands with William as they slowly looked into each other's eyes.

His were the blue of every dancing sky, infinite hues illuminated by newborn light. Such soothing and such love embodied in them.

Audrey wasn't sure of what she was feeling. She was feeling as if her heart was pounding, feeling excited about something, her hands trembling, her voice hesitating, her eyes sparkling and her lips as if wanting to express an unspoken thing.
In her days ahead, her mind was always thinking about William, of what he would be doing, where would he be and hopefully him also thinking about her.

It wasn't that she never met him after the day in the meadows. She did meet him on many, many occasions, such as the daily visit to Lady Gresham's library where William and her spoke about Shakespeare's literary works, or sometimes at the meadows admiring the beauty of nature and having long walks until the sunset and they were forced to bid farewell for the day.
Very seldom did Audrey have her breakdowns of her sister's betrayal and her past in front of William who like he said before was always there for her, comforting her every time as they grew closer and closer.

One such moment was something that Audrey knew, would remember for the rest of her lifetime.

~

Whenever Audrey and William had a moment away from their life filled with proposals and other extravagant things they did not like to be a part of, they always found their way back to the meadows which were, according to Audrey, the calmest place to be.

Leaning against a tree and her eyes shut, she was one night, enjoying the peace before sitting on the ground and looking at the lake in front, just enjoying and relaxing with the view.

A few moments later, as she changed her sitting posture and continued to admire the astounding, tranquil view of the dusk, she suddenly heard the creaking of the lying wooden branches on the ground as if someone was coming. Alarmed, she jumped to her feet and watched as William stepped in, waving a friendly 'hello' to her.

"You scared the death out of me you know." exclaimed Audrey as she finally took a breath of relief.

"Oh dear, you never know, I could have come here to kidnap you, maybe. But yes, I'll leave it for the next time."

Audrey chuckled and slapped William on his arm as he stood beside her and asked

"Although, I must ask as to what are you doing here at almost midnight?"

"You know it's my favourite spot William."

"Still does not explain 'why' you're here. It's not safe"

"Do not worry William. There's no bigger kidnapper than you in the entire town of Pemberton!"

Chuckled Audrey as William announced it as a 'very funny!' look.

"But yes I apologise, I've disturbed your peace, have I not?" He continued with a boyish grin.

"Nonsense. I was just surprised as I had no idea anyone else would come here at this time of the hour."

"Yes because it's unsafe and it's not meant for this time of the hour, my dear brave Miss Milller."

"But the view of the meadows at the nights is truly something out of the world, which nobody gets to see in the morning."