The Beginning

February 1884

"Katherine was greatly unimpressed by the haughty Mr Edward Wembley when he had snubbed her at their first meeting in the athenauem.
Being the place of readings and musings, he had misused it that also resulted him flirting with her for no reason whatsoever.
She considered him henceforth a man of no respect, no regard, proud and selfish.
However, as their events unfolded, the free-spirited Katherine hiding secrets of her past soon discovered that a man could always change his manners, and a lady her mind and heart in their enchanting story of love, marriage and mutual understanding destined with the worst curse possible.
Who could have never been imagined as the way he turned out to be, Edward was now resting in peace, while Katherine was holding on to him no matter what happened at all.
Their musical tale of romance though ended in pain, their story of love ever lasted the same.
When they finally had an ever-after, his ignorance of ill-disposings had ruined them all -
but still his and Katherine's love neither die nor fall."

---------------------------

The entire hall was filled with applauses and felicitations of people who were earnestly listening to the story written by the sweet, loving authoress Audrey Miller Brown, who when concluded and closed the novel greeted everyone with a faint smile and looked down at a ring that somehow seemed very special to her.
Touching it with her fingers, she thought of something, as if somewhere lost in her thoughts, trying to recollect memories of someone.
She then left all so suddenly that it created a reason of ill-disposable behaviour of hers on her part when the august of the citizens of England were mesmerized in her beautiful touching story of "Edward & Katherine"

A woman mostly and probably in her late twenties, Audrey left the place with nothing but her book in her hands, her fingers still rolling that ring lovingly as she ordered for the carriage to move.
A feeling of nostalgia could be felt coming from and around her as she admired the view outside never leaving the ring and mummered muffled words to herself.
When she finally reached back to her cottage, she slowly and silently walked towards her room and found them sleeping peacefully.
A sigh of relief came out of her mouth and heart as she adored the beauty of the children she was blessed with.

' My babies.'

She then quietly went towards her work space that included nothing but a broken wooden old table with scribbled and rough parchments lying everywhere and the ink bottle placed with a feather in a corner.
Opening her drawer to the table next, she saw a sketch of a man, so handsome and admirable.
She brushed her fingers first along the sides of the sketch moving with a slow pace towards the centre where his smile was situated.
Tears in her eyes, living in her blur.
To say that she was sad would have been an understatement. She was currently sitting on the couch, all of her thoughts appeared to have merged into a numbing blur when she thought of him.
The flashbacks coming in her mind as she carressed the name on the frame below the sketch.

William Brown.
1861-1883

She just looked at the picture until day turned into night while Audrey kept on thinking about him so endlessly that when her tears took a hiatus, no one could wonder.

“Our Little Things,” she said plainly yet with hurt eyes, unsure why. But the sad, peaceful melody of her spoken words in her mind seemed to feel like it fit something related to her past.

She then dipped her feather in the ink pot, began writing something as she faced back to see the handsome sketch with the most loveliest of smile as a flashback ensued.

------------------