The Untimely Death

"William are you alright?" exclaimed Audrey in concern as she tried getting off her bed but couldn't because of the pain that was still there in her abdomen after giving birth.

"Audr... Audrey stay there, don't... don't get off" said William as he scoffed again with blood slowly pouring out of his mouth. As the doctors barged in from his disturbing noise and put him on another bed beside his wife's, William tried his best to keep his eyes open and look at his love perhaps for the last time. Thomas and Aurora too had gathered around the room to see William's condition and they kept on holding onto him. Aurora looked at Audrey who knew the future. She wasn't dumb. She knew what was exactly about to happen.

But she had promised William that she would stay brave, for him, for their children and thus, she tried every single way to not let her tears out.

William was just out of reach. Too far for Audrey to grab him, but close enough that William could see every trace of fear on Audrey's face. Every inch of panic that covered her expression as a whole. She was scared to lose him. Again.

William was indeed far from Audrey to be saved, but close enough to watch him die.

He could sense the flashbacks occurring in his mind. All his life he had been a man of recklessness and playboy passion, who had never thought of falling in love with any woman until he met her. Her beauty, her grace, her voice and her soul had touched his heart as he forever longed to be with her. Audrey was too innocent and sweet for her own good. Too trusting. Hell, look who she had fallen in love with - a charming, unpredictable and spontaneous man who had often a devilish, flirtatious attitude toward women. 

There was a great deal of pain that floated within him, building and building and never being released as he thought of the life he had wished to spend with her. But then again, he had lived his life to the fullest.

Audrey looked at William's gaze as it all happened.

She watched that smirking face of his die from her gaze as he folded over and coughed as doctors tried to keep him steady. Audrey couldn’t even run and hold him, pull him close to her heart as he slowly and gradually took short breaths. Thus, Audrey had to watch the light drain from his eyes, as his skin grew pale and his lips pleaded for mercy. Mercy from the pain he was receiving.

As he tried to frame his last words, he requested the doctor to put his bed close to Audrey's so that he could have a last beautiful moment with his family before his untimely death.
The doctors agreed and the room was in the aura of tears. Aurora couldn't watch this and ran away with Ella in her arms as Thomas followed her. Audrey was crying inconsolably as she caressed the locks of her husband's hair and put her soft hands on both his cheeks as she saw him attempting to speak something.

"Auddreeyyy...."

Whispered William, trying his best to speak despite his worsened health, as he looked into his love's eyes.

"No William, please do not leave me. I am going to need you more than you need me. Please!"

"No, listen to me, darling. Do not worr...worry ab.. about me. I would be...be okay. And, and I want you...to know...th.. that I love you...heart....and soul."
"

Audrey...''

whispered William in a weak voice. 

"No, don’t. Don’t you dare!"