A/N

Hello, readers! This is the end of the story, but it isn't the end of The Rugged Edge's content. As soon as I finished The Rugged Edge, I decided to write a sequel. You could say I was on a roll and couldn't get myself to stop. Only, I never finished said sequel. Here is some background if you're interested.

I made myself a few guidelines as I started planning out said sequel. Since I didn't want to be so cliché as to bring back Rufus or Collum, or even a new villain, and somehow come up with a new plot, I decided to focus on Quinnie and explore her side of the story, which would allow me to look into everyone else's histories, too.

The sequel describes Quinnie after Eloise and Geraint get married, when she decides to research and write the story of the rebellion. The narrative switches between her present experience as she writes the story, which manages to convey how Rokenmeine has changed, and the past, which she tells from various characters' points of view after interviewing them.

So what's the problem? Essentially, I wasn't able to think of a new plot for Quinnie to live out in the present, and which would give a meaningful drive to the past that she tells. I didn't plan out the ending, so it is technically plot-less... and I was stuck. I left it unfinished, and I honestly don't feel the need to complete it since I have moved on to other projects.

That said, I've decided that in this case it doesn't need a plot to be worth reading. It adds to the story the way it was intended to regardless of its own plot. So I'm published this unfinished "sequel" for you to read here, and I rearranged some of the parts so that it fits into its present format.

I never gave the story a name other than its reference title, Quinnie Story. However, the title idea that I had in my notes was Grey Dragons, and I think that it fits perfectly... so that's what I'll call it.

That's all I've got to say. Please enjoy Grey Dragons!