CHAPTER 8: INK MONSTER

"(Y/N)!!!! GRIMM!" Ace and Deuce yelled. Thank goodness I still had Grimm with me. I wasn't able to see them due to the giant monster blocking the way. It was turned the other way, attempting to swipe at the two. I could hear them using magic to try to stop it.

    "I'm alright, guys! Worry about yourselves!" I yelled quickly, causing the monster to twirl around to look at me. It's gurgled response being,

    "STONEEEE- MIIINNEEEE!" I saw a bright light shine out of the tunnel the monster came from.

    "Hey, I think it's protecting the magic crystal!" I yelled as it attempted to swipe at me. Grimm used his fire magic to try to weaken it. It didn't seem to work as the thing growled and swiped once more, this time smacking me to the side as Grimm fell off my head and I hit the rocky wall of the mine harshly. "GAH-!"

    "CRAP! OK OK HERE, UGLY!" Ace called quickly as the monster turned once more, frustrated. The sound of footsteps were heard as they ran away, the monster following closely behind. 

    "Th- that... was terrifying!" Grimm squealed quietly as the boys and the monster thing ran down the mine. I rubbed the side of my waist in pain, and squeezed my eyes shut for a brief moment, only to open them again.

    "It'll be back soon, so let's get that crystal before it comes back!" I said, slowly getting up and picking Grimm back up in the process. We then traversed into the tunnel, which led out into a bright, open space full of beautiful crystals. But the one we needed shined the brightest of them all. 

    "There it is!" Grimm pointed to it. I nodded and pulled it out by using all my strength. It wiggled a little, but it wouldn't budge. After using some large and hard rocks, we'd finally gotten it out.

    "Okay, let's bounce!" I said, soon hearing a few stomps coming our way. 

    "Gyah! It's coming this way!" Grimm cried. 

    "Maybe there's another exit?" I suggested, looking down the other way of the mine, rather than the one we came in from.

    "Let's just get outta here!"  Grimm said. With that, I quickly tried to get away from the tunnel, farther down the opposite side of the mine. 

    I slowed down after a few minutes, the mine getting darker and darker, the only source of light being Grimm's flames and the magic stone I held at that point.  

    "G- G- Grimm...."

    "Wh- wh- what..."

    "It's r- r- really dark..."

    "Nyaa... we'll never make it back at this rate..." he cried. 

    "Don't say that..." I said in a hushed tone. "This tunnel thing never seems to end. What should we d- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

    "NNYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?????" The two of us screamed in unison as we fell down something. I tripped over something, and the next thing we knew: we were free-falling down some sort of cliff.

    "THIS IS IT! THIS IS WHERE WE'RE GONERS!" I hugged Grimm tightly, as well as the stone. Thankfully I hadn't dropped it. 

    "IT WASN'T NICE KNOWIN' YA!" Grimm cried as he hugged me back. 

    "RUDE-"

    SPLASH!

~

    Ace and Deuce had run out of the mine, away from the monster.