CHAPTER 25: MALADY? MORE LIKE M'LADY

~

    Pretty soon, we'd made it to Sir Crowley's office. At this point, my stomach accepted its fate and stopped grumbling. I guess I'm fasting now. 

    Deuce took the initiative and knocked, saying,

    "Headmage, may we come in?" The door opened.

    "How's it going, Sir?" Ace asked casually.

    "Good afternoon," I greeted in Japanese. Headmaster Crowley seemed to smile.

    "Thank you all for coming," his grin slowly faded, "I'll get right to the point." He then went on about 'overblot', explaining the basics of how it's created and what it does.

    "That's not very healthy at all," I quietly said, a small frown tugging at my lips. 

    "Aw, are you worried about us?" Ace cooed, making a pouty face and hanging an arm around my shoulder.

    "Don't worry about us, (N/N)," Deuce said with a serious look on his face. He had his hand on my shoulder.

    "Yeah, even if I'm on the brink of overblotting- which wouldn't happen in the first place- seeing your adorable face would immediately help me recover!" Ace declared, a huge smirk plastered on his features. Deuce nodded, a determined (but absolutely endearing) look on his face.

    "Oh, you..." I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up. "I don't deserve you guys." 

    "Is this really the time to get sentimental?!" The Headmaster shakily huffed, dabbing at his (mask) eyes with a handkerchief. Ace rolled his eyes and let go of my shoulders, Deuce following by taking his hand off.

    "Nyeah! Get mushy and stuff later!" Grimm cried, immediately deadpanning when he saw Crowley on the brink of tears. "A- anyway... so you're tellin' me I'm gonna get sick if I keep usin' magic whenever I want?!"

    "Not necessarily," Sir Crowley responded, his voice going back to normal. "Hm. Perhaps a demonstration would prove more efficient than a mere explanation. Ghosts, assemble! I have a job for you!"

    "Huzzah!" The ghosts appeared, "you summoned us, Headmage?"

    "Not these guys again?!" Ace exclaimed. What- these aren't from Ramshackle Dorm, are they? Can't be. Couldn't those guys, like, not leave the dorm or something? I'm pretty sure they were bound to it.

    Anyway, I stood off to the side as the three were then to fight the ghosts using their magic pens/ collar. As they fought, I couldn't help but spot the Headmaster staring at me.

    "What's up?" I said suddenly, almost making him flinch.

    "O-oh, nothing... are you not still shocked from yesterday? I told you, you could stay home today and let Enma Yuuken to take your place-"

    "Oh- no no, it's fine, Sir! I wouldn't want to cause sudden confusion with any of my classmates, besides... I kinda like coming to school," sparkles immediately surrounded the Headmage as I sweatdropped. "Sometimes."