CHAPTER 21: DATE

The next morning, I woke up shivering. And on the floor. 

    I immediately jolted up into a sitting position, my hair a mess and my eyes hardly opening. I stood up with shaky legs wobbling under me while using the bed to help pull myself up. Once I'd done so, I noticed Yuu sprawled across the whole bed, snoring as drool slid out of his mouth. Grimm was also sleeping soundly, but he was just hanging off the bed- oh wait he's sliding-

    THUMP-

    "YOW-?!"

    I rubbed my temples and groaned. 

    "What the-? Did you push me off the bed?" Grimm glared at me from the ground as he rubbed his head.

    "No," I replied, sagging my shoulders and sighing, "it was this guy-"

    "WHO THE HECK IS THAT?!" Grimm yelled in surprise at the giant lump in the bed. The giant lump stirred and sat up, rubbing its eyes groggily.

    "Damn, y'alls loud AF," he murmured.

    "Last one down's making breakfas-" before I could even finish my own sentence, I zoomed out of the room to rush downstairs. I didn't look back, but I assumed the two were gawking in surprise, MUAHAHAH!

    I giggled childishly as I neared the bottom of the steps, hearing loud thumping right behind me. I risked a glance back- bad call. Immediately, I fell to the ground with a heavy force on top of my back. 

    "BRO-" I wheezed, "-GET... OFF-" Yuu, the heavy force, cackled and rolled off in delight. I propped myself up on my hands, dramatically panting to get my breathing back to normal.

    "Sorry, did that hurt?" He asked through chuckles and placing a hand in front of me. His genuine grin caught me off guard for a moment, but I took it anyway. 

    "Yeah, better be sorry!" I stated, but not with anger or malicious intent, "being nice won't get you anywhere. You're still making breakfast."

    "Ahh, darn. Thought I could get myself out of that one," he rubbed his neck and sweatdropped. 

    "WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN?!?!?!" Grimm, who was behind Yuu, crossed his han- erm- paws and huffed.

    "Wait a second-" Yuu brightened up and looked at me happily, "this raccoon was last, not me!"

    "HELLO??!?!"

    "Hush Grimm, you're making breakfast," I declared.

    "MYEGH?! Since when did you become so mean?!" He pouted while I sweatdropped.

    "I knew it would come to this- whatever! Guess I'll make breakfast. Like I always do," I swerved into the kitchen, leaving the two alone. I could hear them talking as I cooked, assuming that Yuu was telling Grimm why he was here.

    Good. Saves me a lengthy explanation. 

    About 20 minutes later, I was done doing my thing and we all sat on the couch to eat.

    "Wow, this is actually pretty good," Yuu said, munching loudly. I puffed my chest out in pride as a grin made its way to my face. "I take it back."

    "Wow! Why are you such a jerk?" I huffed.

    "I'm still confused," Grimm muttered, "so you're her long-lost step-brother...?" I nearly choked,