CHAPTER 18: EMO RIDDLE

The 4 of us had discreetly made our way to the rose maze in the Heartslabyul dorm. All I heard was small talk amongst the other dorm members. It was in Japanese, so I couldn't really understand... but I assume it's about the duel that was about to commence.

    Some of the members glanced at me while whispering to each other, but I ignored them, making my way towards Headmaster Crowley.

    "Excuse me, Sir-"

    "Well, if it isn't my favorite little troublemaker!" He chuckled as he patted the top of my head, messily ruffling it in the process. 

    "Uh- could you use that Japanese understanding spell on me again?" I asked, dumbfounded at his previous actions.

    "Ehhh? The spell wore off already??" He mumbled something in a concerned tone. "Well whatever, let's make this quick!" He stated quickly, raising his hand and placing it on my shoulder while looking at me intently. I raised a brow. Guess mans just magical without a pen or wand lmao.

    It was an odd sensation, really. It felt like a tingling electric shock that slowly coursed through my body. It felt stronger than the spell he'd done before. 

    I blinked a few times in an attempt to shake the tingling feeling away, even though I knew it was a hopeless action. My ears rang for a moment until I began to hear the sounds of silent chattering once more- this time, however, I could understand what was being said. 

    "Thank you so much, Sir Crowley!" I bowed a bit while stating happily in Japanese- yes, I'd started to pick up a few words here and there- and no, I didn't suddenly learn it because of the spell.

    "Yes yes, I am ever so gracious, now shoo!" The Headmaster waved his hand while slightly pushing me to the side. It seems the duel is about to commence.

    While I made my way back to Ace, Deuce and Grimm, I couldn't help but overhear some of the chatter the students had been whispering about earlier.

    "It's her, isn't it?"

    "Yup, the harem girl."

    "Yeah it's gotta be true, she's with those two again!"

    "You think I could have a chance with her?"

    Along with that conversation came snickering and laughing. My blood boiled and I internally rolled my eyes. Is there any way I could clear this up?

    "Why can't people mind their own business?" Ace scowled quietly, seemingly to himself, but I heard him. Just then, Headmaster Crowley cleared his throat.

"We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul House," he spoke loudly, getting everyone's attention,"the first challenger is Ace Trappola. The second challenger is Deuce Spade." He gestured towards the two as he said their names. "The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts." I spotted Riddle who had his arms crossed tightly across his chest while he glared at us with a deep frown. "Now, in accordance with the duel rules, please remove the magic-sealing collars as they would provide an unfair disadvantage."

    Riddle's stern expression didn't change as he obediently removed Ace's collar with the wave of his magic pen. 

    "Finally, the dumb collar's off!" Ace cheered, which was very unnecessary but go off I guess.

    "Enjoy your moment of freedom. The collar will be back on soon enough," Riddle stated confidently, "I could hardly believe it when I heard you two intended to duel me. Is this a joke?" His gaze then landed on me as he spoke. He seemed hurt for some reason, but he kept his composed expression as he looked back at the two he would duel soon.