𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I was sat in Mom's lap while she did my hair

"All done," Mom said spraying hairspray in my hair.

"Food time," I yelled going to run downstairs I tumbled on the last step. "I'm okay," I yelled jumping up.

"What have I told you about being careful?" Mom asked checking I wasn't hurt.

"Being careful is for boring suckers," I said.

"Woah, princesses don't use language like that do they?" Mom asked.

"Cinderella lied and snuck out to a party, Snow White lived in a house with 7 men. Sleeping beauty was kissed by a stranger and then married him," I said. Mom looked at me.

"It's like arguing with myself in a mirror," Mom said.

"It's the only way I can win unless I start crying," I said. Mom laughed. I ran to the dining room and made my plate before sitting down. Mom followed behind me.

"Where's my coffee?" Mom asked. A maid handed Mom her coffee.

"Fallon. Good to have you back, I think," Anders said. Mom took a sip of her coffee and pulled a funny face.

"Mm. Jeff had better coffee at his house," Mom said as Uncle Steven walked in.

"Perhaps you should've stayed there," Anders said. This was normal for Mom and Anders.

"Come on, Steven. What? No witty repartee? You're not still on the ladder about Stansfield, are you?" Mom asked.

"No. Just been slammed with foundation stuff. And I'm late," Uncle Steven walked out as Grandpa walked in.

"Morning," Grandpa said walking to his chair where he stood drinking coffee.

"Good morning. The Carrington Atlantic gift strategists are on their way. Should I set them up in the study?" Anders asked.

"Please," Grandpa said.

"Gift strategists?" Mom asked. I zoned out until I noticed Sam sitting in front of me.

"What are you gonna do? About the client gifts, you don't have?" Sam asked Mom.

"Like I said. It's in the works," Mom said.

"Your dad might fall for your act, but he gives you more credit than you deserve. We know you have a blind spot when it comes to thinking about other people," Sam said.

"I have no blind spots. I see all spots, just like I see you, eating your croissants while you may, trying to claim a seat at this table. But unless you're a Carrington or work for a Carrington, no one cares what you think. Especially not me," Mom said.

"I care what he thinks. He's my friend and that was mean," I said. Sam smiled as I ran over and hugged him.

"Ella, go get your bag and your coat," Mom said. I stole Sam's croissant and ran off to look for my bag and coat. I ran to my bedroom. I ended up getting distracted by the mini basketball and hoop I had in my bedroom. Mom walked in and put her hand on my shoulder.