𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I was sat with Mom while she was speaking to her divorce lawyer

"One hundred thousand, that's the number we agreed upon," Mom said.

"And a time frame?" The lawyer asked.

"We didn't settle on a hard number," Mom said.

"Annulment versus divorce?" The lawyer asked.

"Didn't get that far," Mom said.

"A nondisclosure agreement?" The lawyer asked.

"This wasn't my finest hour as a business person or a "person" person. I know the risks of marrying a stranger, so I hired you," Mom said.

"Good news is you haven't paid him yet. We'll draw up the papers immediately and have Liam sign them today," The lawyer said.

"If only my other fake marriage was so simple," Mom said.

"What are you doing about Jeff?" Cristal asked walking in. "Cristal Carrington," Cristal introduced herself to the lawyer.

"My stepmother," Mom said.

"Jackie Littman," The lawyer said.

"My divorce lawyer," Mom said. "There's nothing to do about Jeff I'll lay low for a few weeks, let the wedding coverage blow over, and quietly tell a few people it didn't work out," Mom said.

"What about the funeral?" Cristal asked. Grampy died after having a heart attack while I was in bed.

"Yeah, I didn't plan on Grandpa tapping out at the wedding," Mom said.

"People are gonna ask questions if Jeff's not there tomorrow," Cristal said. I zoned out cuddling into Mommy. 

"Can we go color and draw?" I asked.

"We can," Mommy said. Just as we were about to go upstairs Anders stopped us to tell us he was about to read Grampy's will.

"Per Mr. Carrington's last will and testament, his instructions for his funeral are as follows: "He's to be dressed in a plain black suit from Harrow & Sons in London, and placed in a simple oak casket," Anders said.

"A man of the people till the very end," Mom said while I played with her rings.

"White Miltonia orchids will fill the sanctuary, and the casket will be taken to Oakland Cemetery in a hearse drawn by a team of Belgian black horses accompanied by a brass band," Anders said.

"Spoke too soon," Mom said.

"Not like he's here to enjoy it," Grandpa said.

"Everyone deserves a last hurrah, don't they?" Uncle Steven asked.

"Fine. Anders, I trust you can handle the arrangements?" Grandpa asked. I zoned out until Mom covered my eyes carrying me out of the room.

"How about we go draw and colour huh princess?" Mom asked.