𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

I was playing with Taco in my bedroom

I was playing with Taco in my bedroom. Mom walked in.

"I'm going to work now. Anders, Uncle Steven, and Sam are around somewhere if you need anything," Mom said. I nodded looking at my shoes. "What's wrong, princess?" 

"You're gone for so long when you're at work," I said.

"My workday hasn't changed princess. The only difference is that you aren't in school anymore," Mom said.

"I know but I miss you and it seems so much longer now," I said.

"I know princess. I miss you while I'm at work too. I'd let you come to work with me today but I have meetings all day which means you'd be sitting in my empty office," Mom said.

"Okay. I'll be good," I said looking at my shoes. Mom cupped my chin.

"I know you're always good. I'm sorry but I really have to go," Mom said. "I love you," Mom said.

"I love you too Mommy," I said. Mom wrapped her arms around me and kissed my head.

"I promise that it won't be too long until I come home," Mom said.

"Okay," I said. Mom hugged me before leaving.

Timeskip

Sam was helping me get ready

Sam was helping me get ready. Mom walked in and stopped when she saw me. I looked down at my shoes.

"We went to look at dresses but she didn't like any. But she liked the suit and I think she looks awesome," Sam said. "I'm gonna go check myself out in the mirror," 

Mom cupped my chin.

"Hey, you look beautiful in whatever you wear. If you want to wear a suit for every formal event then we'll go get you some nice suits okay?" Mom said.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

"You go downstairs and I'll come find you later okay?" Mom asked fixing my jacket.

"Okay. I'm going to find a drink," I said. I ran downstairs and found Cristal.

"Wow, look at you," Cristal said. "You look good,"