Chapter four, fear

No authors note today. I know, you're heart broken.

       After a restless night's sleep, you finally decide to just get up for the day at five. You just couldn't get your mind to quiet down enough to sleep and there was no way you could stand staring at the ceiling anymore. Not even for a minute. You'd lose your mind because you just couldn't stop thinking about Mando and the job. That concerningly vague holo from your boss didn't help either. But Mando grabbing your hand last night.. you sigh, frustrated with your out of proportion feelings over such a silly little thing. It's not like you kissed or... No! Don't think like that!  You silently scold yourself. You couldn't afford falling for someone just because he showed you an ounce of softness. You couldn't afford falling for a bounty hunter,  whether he was an attractive mandalorian or not.

       Slightly irritated, you head to your dresser. You look in the mirror, frowning when you see what a mess your hair is. You quickly brush it and get dressed. You go into the kitchen, and make a fast breakfast, eating your part and leaving the rest for your guest. You decide to go see Castler now, so you write Mando a quick note and leave it on the table along with his meal. Grabbing your purse, you go to the Galaxy Cove.

       Upon entering you head straight to his office. You knock, and he opens the door a moment later. "Y/n! I'm glad you could make it. Come in." He gestures you in, closing the door once you're in.

       You take a seat in one of the chairs and watch as your boss does the same. Fiddling with your bag, you ask "what was it you needed to see me about sir?"

       "It's about the job, specifically the Mandalorian. I'd be careful y/n, I did a bit of a background check and he's... more than dangerous. He is crazy good, which can be both a blessing and a curse.. He is wanted for taking a bounty as his own from an important Imp. He's been restored with the guild since then, but there are still a lot of people searching for him. And none of them come back alive."

       "Oh," you swallow, nervous about him being in your home alone. Nervous about having to work with him and depend on him. But it was hard to believe, after all. He seemed so nice, a little rough around the edges and not very talkative, but nice.

       You notice your boss looking at you worriedly. He walks to his desk and grabs something from one of the drawers. He walks back over to you and hands you a blaster and a holster. "It's not much, but it's a lot better than nothing. Take this, and if you have to use it, aim for somewhere besides the beskar."

       You take it and nod, "thank you sir." You stand up and put the holster on, placing the blaster inside. " I should head back.."

       "Ok, take care of yourself y/n"

       A while later you return home. You open the door, and absentmindedly take off your bag, putting it on a hook and head for the kitchen. As you look up at the table you jump, and quickly start turning away "Ah I-I'm so sorry! I didn't see anything! Just the back of your head!!" You frantically gush out at the Mandalorian, who was eating at the table. You hear him fumble around and hear a metallic click. Which you assumed was his helmet. You hear him get up and you start shaking out of fear. "Please don't hurt me!" You squeal as you hear his metallic footsteps come near you. "I swear I really didn't mean to! And I-"

       Suddenly you feel a hand on your shoulder, "Hey... it's alright. I won't hurt you."

       You jump alittle, as a couple tears roll down your cheeks. You feel him gently turn you to face him. "Oh Cyarika.." he mumbled, wiping a tear off your cheek with his gloved hand.  "Y/n... come here." He reaches his arms out pulling you into a soft hug against his chest. You give in and hold him back, letting out a sob. "Shhh.. it's alright, you did nothing wrong." He whispers in a soothing tone as he rubs your back.

       "A-are you sure you're not mad?" You ask weakly, your voice muffled by his armor.

       You feel him pull away and look up at him. He nods, "of course I'm not mad at you. You didn't mean to, and no damage was done. Besides.." he pauses to wipe away your last tear, "it's really nice that you respect and care about my beliefs like this."

       You nod slightly, not sure how to respond. "Oh Kriff!" You suddenly exclaim, pulling away from mando's hand. "We're late for the meeting!"

       You hear Mando chuckle a little, making your heart flutter. He turns and grabs his blaster, putting it back in his holster. "Let's go."

       This was so fun to write!! The fluff, ughh my heart. I need a mando! Hope y'all enjoyed, and thanks for reading.

Word count: 871