Chapter nine, Tattoine

I've finally gotten over my lack of motivation, and am giving you another chapter with a couple days. How awesome am I? This chapter is similar to the last one but in the next one things will get interesting. Trust me. Anyways, enjoy!

       It's been almost a week since you left your planet. Your leg was back to normal now, more or less, thanks to Mando's care. And things between the two of you have been nice. He was kind and thoughtful, even if he was a little quiet sometimes.

       The two of you were headed to Tattoine, where Din had a job. It was supposed to be an easy quick job that would pay for the supplies you both needed. You were running out of food, so eating had been a little thin lately. This of course left you hungry a lot of the time, but you knew times were tough and didn't complain. Especially since you had caught Din discretely giving you the bigger portions of the meals. The first time you noticed, you tried to give him the food back, but he wouldn't take it. He left the food there, being so stubborn to let it go bad rather than take it from you. It was sweet, in an aggravating sort of way. But since then he's done a much better job hiding the fact he was giving you more. Occasionally you would notice, but after last time you just ignored and accepted it.

       Bored, you decide to find Mando and get him to tell you more about the job. He didn't tell you much, except that he had one. You head up to the cockpit to find him there with his feet up and his head drooped sleepily. You smile and watch him for a moment.

      "Don't you have something better to do than watch me sleep?"

       Your eyes widen and you quickly look away, embarrassed he caught you staring. You hear him laugh a little as he sits himself up. "I wasn't meaning to-"

       He stops you, "I'm not upset. Now, what can I help you with?"

       "Oh, I was just wondering about the job. You didn't tell me much, and I didn't know if I could come along or if I'd have to stay on the ship."

       "Im sorry, I can't tell you anything more about it, it's confidential so I'm afraid I can't take you to the job with me. And of course you can leave the ship, but it might be dangerous so you have to bring a blaster."

       Disappointed, you sigh "I understand."

       "I don't like it either, but the job won't take me long." He pauses as the ship starts to beep. He turns it off, "we're here."

An hour or two later, both Mando's and your things were brought into the place you were staying. It was a medium sized tent, that was surprisingly roomy and structured all things considered. It was like there were actual walls, instead of sheets of fabric. They only had one tent left, so you had to share. But it didn't matter too much, there was plenty of room for you both to be comfortable.

You decide to take a walk around the village, having never been before, it had piqued your interest. You start wandering down the streets, until you get to a small open market. There were vendors of all different species in the booths. There were booths for food and jewelry and antiques. You look at the them all, scanning to see if they have anything interesting. About to give up, your eyes suddenly flit across an old, but uniquely beautiful instrument. Drawn to it, you head over and gently pick it up. It was a wooden ukulele, an instrument that hadn't been popular in music for ages upon ages. Yet here it was. You didn't know any chords for it, but you strum it, beaming at the light cheery sound.

"Do you like it? It's only 300 credits."Quick A/N: I don't know how US dollars translate to credits, so I have no idea if that's a lot or a little. So just pretend it's like dollars.

You look up at the vendor and smile sadly, reluctantly handing it back. "I don't have any money. Thank you though."

The vendor nods and hurries to the other side of the booth in hopes of winning a new customer. You sigh and are about to continue on your walk when you hear your name. You look over to see Mando standing a couple feet from you. "Hi Mando! What are you doing here?"

"You've been gone for a while, I just wanted check on you and make sure you were ok."

You can't help but smile as you say "thanks, I'm alright."

"What were you looking at?"

"Oh, it was just a ukulele. An old instrument."

He nods, "If you're done, we should head back. I ordered us some food that should be there soon."

"Oo ok! Let's go." You saying excitedly, as you were starving.

You get back and settle into the tent, as you wait for the food to arrive. Mando said he had to get something from the ship and would be back in a little bit. So you take this opportunity to just lay back and relax. You feel your eyes hard to feel heavy before a knock, effectively waking you up. You sit up as Mando walks in carrying food and a bag over his shoulder. You get up and grab the plates from him, placing them on the small table, before grabbing a couple glasses of water. When you put the water cups down, Mando is already eating while sitting in one of the seats. You take the other seat and start eating. After awhile you both finish and are happy and full. You rub your eyes as you feel the sleepiness starting to creep back in.

"Tired Cyarika?"

You only nod in response, causing Din to chuckle lightly. He gets up and walks over to the large mattress on the floor. He lays down on his side and pats the area next to him. You oblige and lay down next to him as he leans over to pull a blanket over you. Your eyes are already closed when you feel his hand gently cup your face as he mutters "goodnight y/n"

Word count: 1071