Chapter ten, bounty hunters

It's already chapter ten, this is insane. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! Also, my English class has been forcing me to write a crap ton of story stuff, so sorry if my writing isn't that great this chapter.

       Songs: One too many (New medicine), Come as you are (Nirvana), and Take me to church by Hozier.

     The next morning you wake up, finding yourself alone in the tent. You pull off the blanket with a sigh and notice a paper taped to the door. You get up and grab it. It was a note. It read:

       Dear Y/n,

       Sorry I had to leave without a goodbye, but I left a present for you on the table along with some credits for you to buy your meals for the day and maybe go shopping. I should be done with the job by nightfall.

       Yours truly,
                   Din Djarin

       You smile at the man's handwriting as you head for the table. When you see the ukulele from yesterday, you can't help but gasp. You excitedly pick it up and strum the strings happily.

       You spent the rest of the day playing with the ukulele, trying to figure out chords by ear. You didn't have any books of the different fingerings for ukulele so you had to use the knowledge you had of music to figure out this instrument. By night time you had figured out ten chords and had played a couple songs. It was getting late and you started to get tired, but you couldn't help but worry about the Mandalorian. He was supposed to be back awhile ago. It had been three hours since nightfall, but knowing you could do nothing about it and that you needed the rest, you dozed off to sleep.

       "Y/n! Wake up!"

       Youre jolted awake by Din shaking you gently. Once you sit up, he leaves your side and grabs his and your bags. "What're you doing?? Din, what's happening?" You ask, getting up, frightened.

       He hands you a couple things he can't hold before he responds. "Bounty hunters. They found us and we're in danger. We have to leave. Now." He rushes to the door and holds it open for you, motioning for you to go through. You listen and see his ship about a fifty yards away, the door open. You and Mando run to it, as a couple bounty hunters shoot at you. You make it safely and turn around to close the door. You wait for him to get in first, as he was slightly behind you and shooting at your attackers. Just before the door closes, a shot hits Din in the chest. Sending him flying back into the wall.

You rush to him and help him to sit up. "Din! Are you ok?"

He nods, while grabbing his side as he forces himself up. He sways a moment, causing you to reach out to steady him. When he seems stable, you let go and he looks at you appreciatingly before going to the controls. You follow behind him and watch as he lifts the ship off the ground, and into space.

You let out a breath of air and sit down, taking in what happened. After awhile of silence, you ask "why are they chasing you?"

Din flips a switch, turning on auto pilot and shifts his body towards you. "It's a long story. A while ago, I took the largest available job possible, it was to capture a bounty. I didn't know at the time though that it was a child. They said it was fifty years old. I had brought the child in, before realizing that's what he was. So I went back and stole him back. The guy I was working for was ex imperial and he's been sending everyone man available for me."

You didn't know how to respond, or even feel. "Where's the child now?"

"He's with a Jedi, one of his people."

You nod, still not sure what to think. But you let it go for now. "What're we gonna do now?"

"We have to go to a planet near here, called Snyavis. There we can hang low for a while."

Word count: 704