chapter 3

i woke up in the middle of the night, sweating and out of breath. the wind blew cold, passing through my window room giving me goosebumps.

i dreamt about him, once again.

-

"t-thomas." i stuttered seeing a kid like figure infront of me. tears flowed continuely as i run up to him.

when i was about to hug him, my body passed his then the sudden realization hit me, my brain started to process what's really happening.

"t-this is a dream, right tom?" i looked at him and stuttered in despair yet he responded with a smile.

"how can you smile at the time like this?! you died, young and innocent... because of me! thomas, forgive me for being reckless." i fell to the ground, completely breaking down.

"no, it was destined. universe planned it for me and you y/n. what's meant for you will stay, that means i wasn't meant to stay with you. you didn't go through that for nothing." he walked up to me and hugged me.

i tried hugging him yet my hands would fall. "how can you- hug me?" i sniffled.

"a non-living can interact with the living yet the living can never do the same." he said, embracing me in his hug.

he still look like the innocent and alive kid before but the only difference is he's dead. dead because of my doing.

"how can i move on tom? how can i move on when i wake up every morning only to realize you are gone all over again?! how can i move on knowing you could've lived the best life." i shouted helplessly.

he broke the hug and grabbed my chin. looking at my e/c eyes with a mixture of pity, disappointment, sadness and madness.

"it was meant to happen because we weren't meant to be. we will see each other again." he instantly removed his hands and turned his back from me.

"if not in this life, then in another. i love you, y/n." he said as he walked into the light.

i screamed his name yet he couldn't hear, i scream and scream but nothing. not even a gaze, my eyes dried from crying too much; vision blurring.

-

i jolted up from my nap, great.

so fucking great, i thought, what a nice way to wake me up. i miss him. his contagious laugh; his blue eyes, bright as an ocean; his blonde hair that shined under the sun; his stubbornness that would piss me off. i miss everything about him. i couldn't forget what he looked like but now i'm starting to forget what his voice sounds which petrified me.

my guilt creeped inside, spreading fast as the lighting. makes me hard to breathe.

breath sis. 1...2...3... you will be okay. 4...5...6...7... then so on. his voice, it was relaxing. i'm glad i heard what he sounds like even in my mind.
i can't abide forgetting his voice.

i got up from the bed and went downstairs, the house was unfamiliar. the thoughts of yesterday began playing; i was in the dream team's house. my brother's enemy. i mean i am also his enemy too- just like what people said.