chapter 28

"y-y/n?" fundy stuttered from behind. i faced him with a smile and replied with a small hum.

he stood there, stunned and scared. until he spoke breaking the tension he felt, "why.. did you snap at niki and not me?"

he looked at me confused but there is a hint of curiosity on his face. i shake my head with a smile plastered on my face.

"i'm mad but not too mad." i chuckled, "you know what i mean?" i said as i put my hand on his shoulder.

he stood still and stiff, i feel like he's holding his breath. i giggled, "oh fundy. you're fine just don't take the last straw." he finally breathe out.

"see you around fun fox!!" i gleefully said and went off to philip.

the horse neighed which made me giggle, "oh philip, you know too much." i said, caressing his back before i got on his back.

he once again neighs as we doze off the bakery heading to the prison to see... dream.

obviously, i don't know why but a part of me misses him and a part of me just loathes him to the core.

after a few hours of riding, i've finally arrived at the pandora's box.

i got off of philip and lead him to the stable and tied him before going in.

as i stepped in, sam greeted me with a smile, "good day love, i assume you're here for dream?" he asks while searching my body for a possible deadly weapon or a tool that can help dream escape.

as if i'm letting him ruin my life.

"yes sam, how are you?" i smile as he stopped and looked at me with a big smile.

"fine, i love working here." his face dropped, "except some cells were stinky." he wrinkled up his nose bridge.

i chuckled, "being isolated alone in a few days without shower makes you stink sam." i playfully rolled my eyes.

"follow me." he said, leading me inside. the prisoners looked at sam and i with anger, curiosity, disgust, scared, and some were apathetically looking.

"step on the platform and slowly walk with it." he gave off a smile as i smiled back but he looked hesitant pulling the lever. i nodded at him as he finally turned the platform on.

as the lava split, i saw dream sitting on the corner.

my heart skipped a beat.

dream.

i shook my head and went in the cell. i looked around seeing it was all obsidian and some crying obsidian around just the corners.

he looked at me. his eyes widened and he covered his face. he then faced his back to me.

"go away." he whispered as i went to him. i tapped his back making him flinch.

he suddenly started sobbing. my heart broke, i don't know why. it felt wrong seeing him like this.

why?

simple. i don't fucking know.

"dream, it's fine." i calmly said as i tapped his back, comforting him.

"it isn't. i-killed ghostbur to revive wilbur. don't hate me y/n." my eyes widened in shock and then the next seconds i felt fear stung my body.

"w-wilbur?" i stuttered as fear was visible on my face.

why did he revived him? fuck.

as much as i want wilbur back, i didn't want him to live again.

reason 1, he's a dick. he deserves to suffer in his own hell.

reason 2, he's evil. his own hell is his home.

reason 3, he's a lunatic. he'll even hurt the closest people to him like tommy, philza, and techno.

reason 4, he's everyone's fear. he blew up l'manburg, he dictated everyone.

reason 5, he's a manipulator. manipulated everyone he knew especially tommy.

and the list goes on.

"why." i muttered under my breath. i looked at dream almost tearing up as he was looking at me with pity.

he hugged me, and i felt safe in his embrace somehow.

"i'm sorry." he whispered on my ear sending a shiver down my spine making me push him in reflex.

"fuck you. fuck off. this is all your fault!" i snapped, "all of this is your fault. everything that has happened is your fault! i wish you died instead of being in prison. i wish you were never born." i yelled.

"y/n? are you alright?!" i heard a faint yell from sam outside but i shut him off.

"i love you dream. everytime you say my name made my heart explode and butterflies are felt in my stomach but in this situation, there are no more butterflies infact this made me hate you more." i cried as the cell started moving, "dream... those vows were true but now i regret every word i said. i should've been smarter and wiser." i looked at him dead in the eyes as i pulled him by the collar.

i punched him in this face making him groan as sam run up to me while holding me back.

dream held his cheek as i spat on him, "burn in hell. i fucking hate you!" i yelled before sam dragged me out.

before the lava closed, i took a last glance at dream who was crying while holding a notebook and a cloth.

was i harsh?

i never was. they all deserve it.