I will be back - Chapter 6

Annabeth POV

On Olympus.

"Mom, you wanted to see me." I said to my mom.

"Annabeth my daughter. You've made me soo proud. It's good you chose godhood unlike that good for nothing spawn of the sea god." Athena said with distaste evident in her voice.

"Mom don't speak about Percy like that. He is a hero. He saved all of us twice, thrice if you include retrieving Zeus' Master Bolt. He is a good person and you know that." I argued.

"Hero?! He could be a spy for the enemy." My mom argued back.

"If he was a spy we would've been dead or rotting in Tartarus. He is not a spy, He is a hero who deserves a happy life."I said defiantly.

"Do you think he even loves you?"
The question caught me off guard.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"He defended and sided with another girl. A titaness who he has had a crush on in the past. He argued with you in front of the whole council and the demigods. If he was a good and loyal boyfriend would've sided with you." Athena said.

I took in a deep breath and swallowed my pride. "I was partly wrong and he knew that. He didn't want to argue with me in front of everyone but I didn't listen. My pride took ahold of me. I knew how Calypso felt. I felt her pain,it hurts and Percy wanted me to see that. Believe it or not he was right." I admitted.

"Mom, I don't want to talk about this." I said stopping her before she could speak.

"I called you here to tell you that your new job starts in the next two days." She said.
"Okay mom. Mom can you please look over my plans to see if it is okay."
She nodded.
We spent a few hours discussing my plans. We also had time to do a bit of bonding.

"Mom, I need to go to Camp Half Blood. I might not be able to see Percy much if I start building so I need some time with him." I said to my mom.
"I don't even know what you see in him but I understand. You may leave." Athena said.
"Thanks mom. Bye." I then flashed to camp. It felt strange traveling like this but it also felt great. Godhood does have it's perks. I looked up and saw that it was night.

'It's night? Did I spend 10 hours with mom.' I thought to myself. I walked to Percy's door and knocked. I waited for a few seconds but no answer. I knocked louder. Still no response. I repeated this for about five times.

"Seaweed Brain, are you in there?" I yelled but I got no response.
'Okay, I'm getting worried'.
"Percy!" I yelled while banging the door. No response.

"That's it, I'm coming in." I concentrated and gathered a small amount of godly energy into my hands. It took the form of a ball.

"Here I come."

I entered the cabin and saw... nothing.

"Alright Percy jokes over." Still no response.

"Percy?!" I called out, panic seeping into my voice.

"Annabeth, what happened?"
I turned around and saw Dan standing at the entrance of the cabin.

"Dan please help me. It's Percy. I can't find him." I begged.

"What do you mean you can't find him? Wasn't he with you?" Dan asked.

"He was but my mother called for me. He told me he will be here in his cabin but he's not." I said.

"Have you checked the beach?" He asked. "No, only here." I answered.
"Okay, let's split up to cover more ground." He turned and ran straight to the forest. "And see if you can get more help." I heard him yell. I took to my heels searching for Percy.