Darkness Is A Mystery - Chapter 11

3rd Person POV.
"I can't believe that goddess." Aiden chuckled as he leaped into the next tree with Percy.
"Yeah, I never knew she had that much pride. I just wanted to have a bit of fun. But this turned out to be more than exciting." Percy said narrowly avoiding a tree branch.

"I never knew you could speak through water. I mean how do you get all this power?" Aiden asked curiously.

"Training. I wanted to get connected to my element but then I realized it wasn't just the sea. It was water. I realized my connection to it and how it existed in places unimaginable. There are water molecules in the air and I can pull some out from myself when there isn't any water source nearby. I look forward to expanding my powers." Percy simply said.

"Well as a legacy of Ares. I got no powers just increased battle skills. So I trained my skills and I also got a load weapons to help me out." Aiden said grinning. "Dude pls tell me you are joking." Percy said. "What do you mean? What I said is true." Aiden said. "You truly haven't figured it out?" Percy said in disbelief as he backflipped over a large branch.

"Bro, tell me. What is it?" Aiden asked.

"I found out from Ares that he has an ability called Spartan Rage. It increases his strength and speed by tenfolds. And his battle skills increases exponentially. It is extremely taxing to the body. I only know of one demigod who can do it. My very own friend, Clarisse La Rue. It's extremely difficult to learn it. Clarisse can do it for only twenty seconds. There is a downside to it though. Any weapon of in your hand will break when you use it." Percy revealed.

"Wow. There's a technique like that?" Aiden marveled. "But I can't learn it. I'm a legacy of Ares. Even a pure demigod child of Ares like Clarisse can only do it for twenty seconds. What hope so I have?" "Don't be such an ass Aiden. You can learn it." Percy said.

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because I have learnt it."

Aiden nearly fell off the tree he was on. "Don't be so surprised Aiden. Besides I can do it for only ten seconds at max. So when I say you can do it believe me. I'm a son of Poseidon but I have learnt it." Percy said. "After we finish this mission, please teach me." Aiden pleaded.

"Sure sure."

After a few moments of scaling trees in silence Percy spoke. "You shouldn't set limits for yourself it will just hinder you from your actual potential." "Got it Perce. I really need a code name. Unlike you who has a cool alias." Aiden said. "I don't have a code name. Who told you that?" Percy asked. "You don't know? Almost everyone calls you 'The Cold Shadow' and 'The Silent Death'.  Others also call you Tsunami or Monster Hunter. I'm surprised you don't know." Aiden said surprised. 

"Yeah I know the first one. People call me that all the time but the others?"

"Mostly monsters but yeah they do." Aiden said.

"Look ahead, the monster camp." Percy said. "Do you have a plan of attack?" Aiden asked Percy
"Hell yeah, Attack." Percy yelled and leaped at the monsters. "SighSuch recklessness, only Percy." Aiden muttered and attacked the monsters. "Glad to see you joined the fight." Percy said.
"I can't let you have all the fun." Aiden replied grinning. He took out his signature weapons. A high tech gun like the one he gave to Nico in his left hand and a three feet xiphos made of imperial gold in his right.

"Let's get the party started." Aiden yelled. He pointed the gun at a group of hellhounds and pulled the trigger. A blood red blast shot out of the gun and completely decimated the hellhounds. Almost like a switch had been flipped, the two launched themselves into the monsters.