Chapter 28

Scarlett's pov

The plane finally comes to a stop and I stand to my feet. I stretch my body and felt a pop in my back. Sitting for fourteen hours is no joke, it really will have your busy aching.

The door to the plane opens and I walk down. The sun shines in my eyes blinding me and I cover my eyes with my hand. Letting my eyes adjust to the sun I notice a black van sitting across from me.

I hear the girls chattering, but I continue to only pay attention to the van. A team of people walk out of the van. They are dressed in white robes with a plain, hard mask covering their face. If it wasn't for the fact that I knew those outfits I would of thought it was a cult.

One man approaches me with zip ties in his hand. "We were sent by the boss to bring you in." He speaks.

I hold my hands out in front of me. "Yeah I know the routine, let's just get this over with" I mutter.

The man nods his head and put the zip ties in my wrist. He then puts his hand on my back and pushes me to the van.

"What the hell is going on?" I hear Jade screech.

"We are simply following orders." I hear someone else respond.

I turn to face the girls "just go back to base, I'll be fine." And with that I get in the van.

We drove for about two hours before I felt the van come to a halt. They white clothes people slowly got out and pulled me behind them. My body began to twitch and I wanted nothing more than to rip myself out of these restraints. But I can't, I have to stay patient and follow orders.

I'm led down a hall and the familiar hallway comes back to haunt me. My kid self screaming for my mom to come get me resonated throughout my head. The cruel things that happened to me.

I walk into an all white room with a singular operating bed in the middle. Doctors swarm around trying to set up the many tubes and machines.

This is just as I remember it. The white room where I was strapped as a child. The room where it began. The many injections they gave me. It's honestly a miracle that as I child my body could withstand the side effects from the experiment.

Now I was back to be an experiment again. The man behind me pushes me forward and onto the bed. He cuts the zip ties and moves my hands to the metal straps. One securing my hands he moves to my feet and finally the last one around my waist. I'm not perfectly still with no way to move.

The people in the mask walk out and a doctor walks over me. His wrinkles and gray hair may be different, but I'd recognize Dr. Shen any where.

"Ah, Scarlett it's lovely seeing you again." He smiles at me. He was the doctor that looked after me when I first got here.

"Dr. Shen," I give him a slight nod.

"Uh, we were told of your- uh- condition. We're just going to try to figure out the problem to fix it. Unfortunately during so it may trigger a reaction so I'm going to have to heavily sedate you. Okay?"

"Yeah that's fine, not like I have a say anyway."

He nods his head and walks to a tray. His back faces me, but I see him tussling around. He then turns around with a needle in his hand. "This may hurt, a lot."

He then sticks the needle in. A breath I didn't know I was holding escapes. This is fine, nothing serious, doesn't even hur-

Fuck.

A scorching pain erupts throughout my body and a scream escapes my lips.

I writher in the restraints. My body burns and the pain feels like death. What did he inject me with?