Chapter 14

"Fucking bitch!" Ruby screams. "I fucking hate you. Some parents y'all are. I hope you rot in hell!" Ruby hangs up her phone and throws it, I throw my hand up and catch it before it can hit me.

"Back at it with your parents?" Mika ask behind her book.

"I don't get what I do wrong. Why do they hate me? Is it because I'm not a blonde. Is it because I'm not a cheerleader like my sister? Why was I born!?" Ruby jumps into Jades arms.

"Poor baby," Jade pouts. "More importantly is anyone going to recognize that we just stopped searching for Cassy?" Jade looks at me.

I shrug "I have my reasons," I wink at her.

"Scarlett is the leader, so whatever her plan is we will follow it," Mika looks up from her book.

I shrug again "my plan is to just sit and wait," I heat a noise outside. "And my plan shall work shall work in 5...4...3...2...1" Cassy comes busting through the door.

"Had anyone seen my phone?" She screams.

"Well hello to you too," Ruby yells while still crying.

"Parents?" Cassy ask.

"Like always," I respond. Cassy slams the door and jumps onto the bed. "Where were you?"

"stormed out, went to the store, while in the store i accidentally bumbed into this lady. She started talking bout how I'm ugly and just some underprivileged teen who shouldn't be in a neighborhood like this. Went to a bar. The usual."

I roll my eyes, "like always eh?"

"You got that right" she winks at me.

"So im still confused. Why are we here instead of at your grandparents house?" Jade ask.

"Gotta get some stuff and help make a deal with some people from France," I say.

"Is that why you were gone the first night?" She ask. I nod my head. "Ruby are you dont crying? Your getting my shirt wet!"

"Shut the fuck you!" Ruby whines. "don't judge me," she lifts her head up looking half asleep.

"Well then at least get off of me," Jade throws her off. Ruby tumbles off the bed and lays on the floor.

"I would yell at you if you weren't so hideous looking," Ruby threatens. Jade gasp and turns to face Ruby. "Hey keep you face over there I don't want to go blind from you hideous face!"

Jade tips the lamp and it falls landing on Ruby stomach. Ruby breaths out a gust of air and clutches her stomach. "Fuck you," Jade screeches.

Mika throws her book down and looks at us, "Shut up all of you! I'm trying to read! Something you all can't do because you have the brain capacity of a rock! Damnit I'm sorry. A rock is smarter than y'all!"

Cassy smacks her teeth and rolls her eyes "Damn chill." Just then I get a beep on my phone. A text from a unknown number comes in.

"Meet us at this address by 10:45 tonight. No exceptions."

"Well guys looks like we have a busy night," I say in a cheery voice. All of them groan and I just laugh.