Chapter 10

The cool breeze swings my hair around playing with it. My heels crunch every branch or leaf they step on. The red light finally flickers from my hand. It's been awhile since I've used my powers. Ever since that day.

I continue to walk straight ahead. Looking for any signs of the car. Yet nothing. I hear a branch snap behind me. I turn around to see nothing. I hate the woods, how did I get myself into this?
*
*
*
*
*
Three hours ago

"So tell me how the hell we are going to get to our destination?" Ruby whines. I tap the watch on my wrist and a hologram of a message comes up. I stop dead in my tracks and face them. They all look at the hologram.

"So let me get this right we are looking for some motorcycles in the woods then we are going to go the some warehouse were we will take a plane to our destination?" Cassy picks out.

"That's too much work" Ruby whines. I sometimes feel like all Ruby can do is whine.

"Sore wa supuritto suru no ga saiteki kamo shiremasen" Mika whispers to me. (A/n plz read. just blush se if you don't know. Mika is Japanese and everyone speaks Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and French.)

Maybe splitting up is a good idea. We could cover more ground. I nod to Mika and she turn around. She makes a gesture for everyone to split up. My back stays facing them and in a second they all are long gone.

I jump up into a tree and look around. I don't see any of the girls. I continue to jump from tree to tree looking for the motorcycles. It shouldn't be hard to find then since they would be the only motorcycles in the woods.
*
*
*
*
*
Present

I'm still wondering why I agreed so easily. Eventually I see a clearing and see a lake. my head snaps to the left when I hear someone by the water.

A boy about my age sits there. I walk towards him and put out the light radiating from my hand. "What's someone like you doing out here this late," I monotone my voice. The boy turns around and stands up. He gives me a good look up and down. His eyes widened when he noticed who I was. Who wouldn't know Reaper the killer who always gets what she wants. My face is everywhere.

The boy starts to walk slowly away from me keeping his front towards me. "Please don't kill me I was just strolling," he stuttered. I shrugged and notice the boy stumble some. I rush to his side and catch him from falling.

I pull him up and keep a firm grip on his hand. I make him look me in my eyes. "If I wanted to kill you then you would be dead by now, " I tell him. He nods his head tries not to look me in my eyes. "Listen here kid whenever I'm speaking to you you look me in the eyes. Understand?" He stays quiet, "Understand!?" I say louder.

"Yes!" He yells. I let go of him and back away. I walk towards the lake and sit down.

"Come join me."

"Sure."

He sits down next to me. "What's you name kid?"

"Kid I'm about your age and it's Xavier," he extends his hand. I shake it and nod.

"Reaper," I say I'm sure he knows my name anyway though. Xavier's cute, his jacket hangs open revealing the tattoo on his side and his 6 pack. He smiles at me and I feel my cheeks heat up. He just caught me staring at him. Wait I never blush for a guy. It's rare that I blush for Ryan.

Xavier seems so familiar I wonder why. Xavier clears his throat and opens his mouth to speak. Just then I hear a voice in my head.

"Found them!" Ruby screams in my head giving me a headache​.

"on my way," I think back. I stand up and dust myself off. "It was nice talking but I have to go now. Goodbye Xavier."

"Goodbye Reaper, may we meet in the future." There will be no future. He shall never see me again. I walk towards the energy that Ruby is giving off. Only I can feel it because of my powers. I shudder at the thought of how I got my powers.

I was about 6. I knew that in the 1800's my family had mystical powers. But one day the powers just vanished since then no one of our family has had these powers. Then Jerry had found a way to revive them. Although he was sure it would only work if someone was at a young age. So he did the experiment on me. They had dragged me into it.
*
*
*
*
*
Flashback.
I cried my eyes out as the men dragged me to the room. I was screaming and kicking. "Mommy please don't let them do this to me!!!!" I kept screaming over and over. "Mommy!" She just stood there looking at me.

"I'm sorry Scarlett but this must be done." She finally spoke. I kept kicking and fighting. Eventually they got me on the experiment table. They strapped me down.

I started to kick more and tried to get out of the straps. Then one of the men walked towards me with a needle in his hand. He forced my head to the left and kept it still. Then he inserted the needle in my neck. It burned, I cried my eyes out. Finally he pulled it out and soon everything turned black. I had been out for about 2 months.

Finally my eyes opened and I saw my mom looking right at me. "Your finally up," she sang.

And well the rest was a blur. All I really remember after that was being named the last of pur family with the mystical powers.
*
*
*
*
*
Present
Finally I see were I am and I see the girls standing there waiting for me. They all stand by a bike. I walk over to mines and hop on. "Let go," I bark. They all hop on and follow after me.