16.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Chapter 16: her trial

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Rebecca walked to stand in the middle of the room. Her modern clothes replaced with a white robe type of dress. It had small patches of drark at the train and skirt, symbolizing the battles she had faced.

Her brunette hair let with a simple braid accenting the back, a flower crown around her head.

When she stopped in the middle of the room, she was faced by Kristin and Phil watching her quietly.

She gripped her skirt and clenched her eyes shut, "Good evening Rebecca." Kristin greeted her. Although the brunette shook her head, making Phil on edge.

"I wanna know about- my records." She muttered. Kristin and Phil shared a look but kept their blank faces on as Rebecca looked up at them.

Kristin's heart dropped at the sight of her tear filled eyes, tear marks on her cheeks as her eyebrows furrowed. "For what reason Rebecca?" Phil asked.

Rebecca gulped and clenched her skirt tightly, "I want to know whether I have been on trial before." She said honestly. Kristin was about to answer but Phil cut her off.

"Again, what is the reason Rebecca-" 'The reason?" Rebecca cut him off as she scoffed. She shook her head in disbelief. "The reason oh mightly Philza is about 1821, Cairo." She said with an angered look.

"Rebecca..." Kristin trailed but Phil spoke again, "That is a memory lapse-" "Then answer me this. How do I know Dream?" she asked.

Kristin gasped as Phil clenched his jaw. "Huh? The Master of the Present? One of the Trio Jumpers? How do I know him?" she asked as she her nails dug into her palms.

"You are forbidden-" "So I do know him-" "He is the reason why you cannot remember Cairo!" Phil yelled. His voice booming around the room.

It was silent as Kristin watched in sorrow, Phil was fuming and saw was Rebecca. Only the sound of her blood dripping was heard from her nails being dug into her palm.

Phil sighed and tried to calm himself down, "Dream is the reason why you are punished." He said. "For what reasons?" she asked with a clenched jaw.

"That is classified-" "Unclassify." She cut him off. "You don't have the power." Phil told her. Rebecca scoffed, "I have the power to look into records can I not?" she asked as she looked at Kristin for approval.

Kristin sighed and nodded, "As the Helper, yes you do." She answered as she looked at her husband. Phil clenched his fists in anger, "Therefore I override you. I want to see my trial papers, god of life." She said with a glare.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Rebecca was given her trial papers and she was enraged. She didn't remember oh no, Phil will never unpunish her but she was furious at him.

"You erased my memories for being in love?" she asked with a hiss. Phil let out a sarcastic laugh, "You didn't know love even if it was right in front of you." he said.

She scoffed, "And what do you know about love? You claim to be the god of life when you deprive your people with-" "You are the Helper!" Phil yelled as he hit his throne.

This made Kristin jump. She was not afraid of her husband, but she disliked his actions.

This outburst made Rebecca move back with shock. Phil clenched his jaw, "He is a Jumper and you are a Helper. It is against the rules." His booming voice said.

"Phil-" "I am no Crafter." Rebecca spat back making the couple stop. They looked at her in sadness. "You may have chosen me and I may be a Helper, but I was never and will never be a Crafter. Therefore I did not break any rules." She argued back.

Kristin lowered her head as tears escaped her eyes. Phil stared at her, Rebecca didn't back down. She was always stubborn and brave, she was the only one that can stand up to Phil.

"I am nothing but your pet Philza. I was not a Crafter nor a deity. I am not under your name and I am not your daughter." She said with gritted teeth.

She glared at him, no matter if her was in his godly form and was huge compared to his human form. It didn't matter that he was powerful or the god of life, what he did destroyed her life.

"I am nothing but a mere immortal being who helped you for centuries and this is what you do to me? You deprive me of happiness and love!" she yelled as the tears started to shed.

Phil looked away, "You made a mistake. You know that because deep inside you, you knew me and Dream never did anything wrong. And I may not remember him but I trust him." She said.

This made Phil enraged and looked at her in anger, "You trust a stranger with your life?" he asked. Rebecca scoffed, "You're right, he is a stranger to me now but he was the only one who didn't lie to me or hid 1821 from me." she said as Phil looked away from her.

"And he wasn't always a stranger. You made him a stranger."