CHAPTER TWENTY

Grace and Zoey were enjoying talking and getting to know each other. Zoey had told Grace about her mum, and how she wanted her to be in Hufflepuff and practically worship Professor Sprout.

"That's so annoying!" Grace said "My mum wanted me to leave. She hates me!"

"That must be terrible!" Zoey said, "If I don't get sorted into Hufflepuff, my mum is going to send me to Beauxbatons."

"My mum doesn't care as long as I'm not near her." Grace replied.

They both heard some tapping on the compartment door. It was the trolley witch.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" She asked.

"Sorry, I don't have any money." Grace said.

"I'll take 2 chocolate frogs." Zoey said as she gave the witch some coins.

The witch gave the candy to Zoey, and Zoey gave Grace one of the chocolate frogs.

"Thank you!" Grace said, "Are they actual frogs?"

"No, it's just a spell" Zoey said as she handed Grace a card. "I don't like the cards in the boxes the frogs come in. They give me the creeps. You can start your collection."

Grace looked at the card and saw a man with a short beard. He was moving in the card and disappeared shortly after. She looked at the bottom of the card and written on a banner was the name Nicolas Flamel.

"What? Who? Huh? Please explain Zoey!" Grace said.

"The cards always have the name of some famous witch or wizard on them. They aren't going to hang around all day." Zoey replied as she ate a leg of the chocolate frog.

Grace was confused, but she didn't question it. She pulled out a book titled: Hogwarts: A History. She didn't want to be clueless when she got there.

A few moments later, a girl with black hair and white streaks began tapping on the compartment door. Zoey and Grace looked up at the same time.

"Yes?" Zoey asked.

The girl opened the door. "Sorry... Some older girls took my compartment. Can I sit here?" she murmured? Grace had to strain her neck to hear the stranger.

"Sure, come on in." Grace said.

"Thank you." The girl whispered. "My name's Lilian. This is my first year here."

"Pleasure. My name's Zoey. This is Grace." Lilian sat down across from Zoey.

The rest of the ride was quite silent, except for 15 minutes before they got off the train.

"Lilian, urm, I see your, um, luggage is, um... patched... Would you like me to teach you to fix it?" Grace asked. Lilian squirmed in her seat, her neck turning red.

"Okay..." Lilian said. The rest of the ride, Grace started to teach Lilian the basics of sewing, and by the time it was time to get off, Lilian had a nice suitcase with a black cat embroidered on it.

Grace smiled. "It looks like your little ghost cat!" she said enthusiastically. "I like her. Can I pet her?"

"Yes. Her name is Sabine. You can feed her if you'd like. Thank you, Grace." Lilian said. She took out a big wooden trunk and opened it. Grace looked in awe. There were all types of homemade potions and wild materials that Lilian had made and collected. Lilian took out a bottle labeled Ghost Substance, peered at it, and handed some of the smoky elixir to Grace along with a few leftover berries which Lilian took out from a medium jar labeled Breakfast Jar. Grace frowned for a second, worried that this girl had berries for breakfast every day but shook away the thought and happily took them.

"Of course." Grace responded while feeding the ghost cat.