Toffee Returns

3rd POV

Sometime after Ludo has seized the Mewni royal throne, he orders a choir of Mewman children to sing songs in his honor, but he tosses them into the sky with Levitato when they sing off-key. By this time, Ludo has assumed complete control of the kingdom and commanded the people to worship him.

On his way to the throne room, Ludo gets ambushed by a person in a rat costume. The person in the costume reveals themselves to be Star Butterfly, who demands to know where her father is. However, Star is quickly captured by Ludo's spider, and, following his wand's orders, Ludo has her imprisoned in the dungeons. As Star is carried away, she warns Ludo that Toffee is controlling him through his wand. After Star is imprisoned in the dungeons, two people in a rat costume appear outside the dungeon doors and knock out the rat guard. There is some fighting, and the figure opens the door and approaches Star.

It pulls off its mouse head to reveal Marco Diaz and Y/n. Star gasps "Marco? Y/n?" "Star! Hiii-" Marco was about to chop the cuffs, but Y/n stop him. "You should probably use the key instead of trying to chop it." "Oh,...yeah, your right *chuckle and unlocks Star's hands* we can't believe you're here; I was thinking we'd maybe never see each other–"

Star hugs Marco and Y/n. Her horns are poking Marco and Y/n the chin. "Star?.... Your horns... *whispering* are poking us." Star whisper back "Take them off." Y/n takes them off and returns the hug. There is a rustle. "Y/n, your stomach just made a weird noise." "That wasn't me" "That was supposed to be a surprise. I brought you this... [lifts his hoodie] box of Captain Blanche's Sugar Seeds. Sorry, there's none left. Me, Y/nand your dad ate 'em all when we were locked up in the dungeon." "Aw, man, you guys got to eat cereal together in the dungeon? Jealous." Y/n chuckled then got serious. "Star, we....got....bad.....news....your dad, he–" Star interrupted her. "Yeah, I know. Ludo tev-a-tay-tato-ta-potato'd him. If Ludo mastered it, it can't be dangerous."

Marco doesn't agree with her "I think it's kinda bad, Star." "So, do I. He never went back down" "Marco, Y/n, honestly, he's been through worse. Way worse. I think we have bigger problems right now." "Well, you're in luck, Star. [whistles bird call, nothing happens, sighs] Come on, guys, we practiced this. [bird call] Mourning dove!"

"That's not what doves sound like on Mewni." "Argh! Just get down here." Foolduke, Ruberiot, and Mime Girl drop from a ventilation shaft. "Star, allow me to introduce... la resistance!" Marco puts on a beret, in a French accent and puts one on Y/n. "Why me?" Y/n ask. Marco unfolds a simple map of the castle.

Marco starts explaining his plan. "The easiest way to depose a ruler is to destroy his credibility. So, [putting objects on map]. And this 650 dollars is us. And this feather is bird and spider. Normally, they're always with him or nearby, except bird and spider break to feed every five hours. When he's alone, we take this air duct to the throne room. And that's when Foolduke hits him with..." Foolduke pulled out a Rubber chicken.

Marco shook his head no. Foolduke squeezes rubber chicken "Uh, how about whoopee cushion?" Marco signs in frustration and runs his hands over his face "No, we talked about this before. Ruberiot?" "I have a ripping parody song I've been working on." "We're wasting our time!" Y/n yelled. "He is great at ruining people's lives with songs.

Marco, it seems like you guys are just kinda playing pranks." Star agreed with her. "Yeah, we're still working on that payoff part." "Okay, look, what you're doing here is, like, totally super-admirable, and Marco, you've never looked cuter in that beret, but Ludo is not the problem here. Toffee is controlling him. And I don't think a song is gonna fix things–"

Ludo enters the dungeon unexpectedly carrying a tray with tea. "Actually, Star, I was thinking ab" He drops the tray. "Guards!" Rats storm in. All six of them besides Star are chained to the wall. "You'll never silence the resistance!" Ruberiot shouts out. Ludo points at Star "You! You're coming with me! Levitato." Star struggle "Whoaaah! What the heck? Oh, of course."