Chapter 17

Angela woke up in the middle of the night, feeling sick to her stomach again. She went into the bathroom, turning on the water as she threw up into the toilet. She groaned, resting her head on her hands. She heard Andy enter the bathroom, turning off the water.

"You need to eat something. You haven't eaten all day Annie."

She felt him rubbing her back as she nodded, "I'll be downstairs in a minute." She heard him sigh and leave her alone in the bathroom. She stood up, brushing her teeth before going downstairs. She sat at the kitchen counter as Andy placed a grilled cheese in front of her, "thank you Andy. For taking care of me."

He nodded, sitting next to her, "I love you Annie."

She squeezed his hand on her thigh, "I love you too Andy. I'm sorry. I'm still feeling a little sick from earlier."

Andy shrugged, "it's fine love. You did something really brave today and not just for you."

She nodded, feeling her eyes welling as she felt Andy pull her to him. "Now what?"

Andy chuckled, "well, you've graduated law school, barring the actual ceremony. You can do what you want. Take the bar. Open a restaurant. Whatever you want. I'll help you with whatever you decide. My divorce is finalized. It's just you and me love."

"And me."

Angela laughed as she saw Jacob come into the kitchen. She took half her sandwich, sliding the other half to him. "Your dad made it, not me."

"Maybe I shouldn't eat it then."

"Hey!" Andy hit Jacob softly on the shoulder, "it's grilled cheese, hard to mess that up."

Angela laughed, "I love you guys." She rested her head on Andy's shoulder.

Jacob smiled, "we love you too. Are you going to move in now that you're no longer his student and he's no longer married. Officially."

Andy sighed, "I hadn't asked her yet. Don't spook her."

Angela smiled, looking up at Andy, "I don't know if I'm ready. But I'll think about it."

Andy nodded, "yeah. Of course."

Angela groaned, "I'm going to go back to bed."

Andy nodded, kissing her hand before she could walk away, "sure. We'll clean this up."

Once she was gone, Jacob looked at Andy, "is she going to be okay?"

Andy shrugged, "I think so. She's just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. She has us to take care of her though, yeah?"

Jacob nodded, smiling, "of course dad."

***********************************************************************

Angela woke up in the morning still feeling sick. She sighed, sitting up as she heard Andy stir beside her.

"Annie love, what's the matter?"

She shook her head, "nothing. I'm fine. I'm going to go home for a bit. Okay?"

Andy nodded, sitting up next to her, "of course. Anything you need. You still have your key to the house?"

Angela nodded, "yeah."

"Okay then. You're free to come and go as you please Annie. I love you."

She smiled, "I love you too Andy." She felt him pull her to him, kissing her as she let him pull her back down onto the bed. She giggled as he kissed her neck, his beard tickling her as he did. She finally pushed him away when she felt him run his hand up her thigh, "I can't. Not right now."

Andy nodded, "of course. When will you be back?"

Angela sighed as she stood up from the bed, "I think I'm going to hang out with Sara tonight. Is that okay?"

Andy laughed, "stop asking me what's okay. I'm not your keeper Annie. Just check in with me so I know you're okay."

She chuckled, nodding, "okay then." She leaned down, kissing him before hovering her mouth over his, "I don't know what I did to deserve you Andrew Barber."

He grinned, "you didn't do anything. It's just you. And I feel the same way. I love you so much. Move in here with me. Please."

Angela sighed, "I said that I would think about it."

Andy sighed, laying his head back on the pillow, "okay then. Get out before I pull you back to bed with me." He smiled at her laugh as she left him alone in the bedroom.

**********************************************************************

Angela opened the door to let Sara in with a smile. "Thanks for coming over. I wanted to talk." She looked down at the bag in Sara's hand, "what did you bring me?"

Sara laughed as Angela took the bag from her, leaving her standing in the doorway. "You're welcome?"

Angela laughed, setting the bag on the table, "thank you Sara." She pulled out the ice cream and snacks and chocolates that Sara brought for her. "You're the best."

Sara nodded as she watched her friend hop onto the counter, opening the ice cream. "What did you want to talk about?"

Angela sighed, "about Andy. He wants me to move in."

Sara smiled, "I think that's a good idea. He loves you. That's easy to see Angela."

"I know. I guess I'm scared about it not working out. It's one thing fooling around and dating. It's another to move in and see each other all day everyday. What if we drive each other crazy?"

Sara laughed, "oh, you will. But you'll love it." She sighed, pulling something from her pocket, "I got something else for you."

Angela took it from Sara, looking up at her. She was about to say something but Sara shook her head.

"Please Angela. For me?"

Angela groaned, nodding as she hopped off the counter. "Okay."