Chapter 13: A walking ghost

You slowly walk on the sidewalk, carefully observing your surroundings. It looked like the New York you knew, but there were some main differences... like the shops, some were really strange and others you don't even remember seeing them in your city. Also the cars were very different from what you remembered and a lot of buildings had some big screens with ads showing. Just where the hell have you ended up?
Walking between the busy and noisy crowd, you arrive near a small, open bar that had a loud TV turned on. You stop and watch the news on the television to get some clues on what was actually happening. You slightly inhale with relief when you see the familiar face that was conducting the news. It was none other that the director of the Daily Bugle: J. Jonathan Jameson. For once you where happy to see him and hear his voice.

"BREAKING NEWS! Spider Man was involved in an attack on the Alexander Hamilton Bridge with another unknown and dangerous man equipped with four strange tentacles, destroying and terrorizing the people on it!"

You widen your eyes as you hear his words. Watching the TV news that shows the video taken on the bridge, you immediatly recognize the man fighting Spider Man.

"Octavius..."

You say wishpering, baffled and surprised to see two other familiar figures. They were also 'here', in this strange New York. But as you saw, the Doctor wasted no time and went straight to fight Spider Man, or better... Your classmate Peter Parker now that you knew his identity. Before you could decide on what to do next, suddenly a man bumps into you, almost knocking you over.

"Oh, I- I am so sorry miss"

The man says hastily apologizing while backing slowly away. When you look up to see who it is your eyes widen, leaving you speachless as he turns his back to you and quickly walks away as if in a hurry. You blink in disbelief for who you just saw. It was impossible. It couldn't be true. Wasting no time you start carefully following him trying not to lose him in the crowd. After stalking him for a while, the man stops in front of a building and looking around with hesitation he enters. You look up at the building' sign: FEAST. It was a homeless shelter. Looking at the entrance you too decide to enter to keep pursuing the familiar man. You had to know if it was really him. You had to be sure that it wasn't a trick of your mind.
Entering the shelter you see that the room was almost full of people needing some help, asking for food or just resting and talking between them. Looking around you finally identify the man you were following that was sitting at a table, giving you his back. You carefully approach him from behind, laying a hand on a chair on his right as he was immersed deep into his thoughts, not noticing you. His face confused and terrorized as if he was lost in an unknown place. How to blame him... You slowly push the chair and sit near him, laying your hands on the table and leaning with hesitation towards the man, giving him a good look from top to bottom.

"Mr... Mr. Osborn?"

You gently ask with a low voice and he immediatly looks at you surprised, snapping from his thoughts with wide eyes as he hears his name. You slightly flinch at his suddent movement. It was him. It was really him. Norman Osborn in the flesh. He wasn't dead. How could that be?

"You know me? Do... Do we know each others?"

He looks at you puzzled, astonished that someone recognized him as he gets closer to you with furrowed eyebrows, scrutinizing your face trying to recognize you as well.

"I'm- My name is Y/n. I am a classmate of your son, Harry"

You reveal to him placing your hand on your chest and his face gets even more surprised as he opens his mouth in disbelief. A little smile starts to appear on his face, his hands reaching out to yours while his eyes are looking directly at you without looking away.