13:

The once calm and happy Ava was now enraged, her friend being missing and an angry dwarf on the loose. She grabbed her sword then turned to Azura, Miya, and Arthur. Ava stomped over to Arthur and grabbed him by the collar.

   "Who was that fucking dwarf?" She growled. 

  "He's been a prisoner for a long time. He was a traitor. He worked for the queen but told valuable information to the dwarfs so she locked him up. His name is Caspian," Arthur stated. "He's extremely dangerous. Don't do anything rash."

   "We're gonna get the rest of the pieces to the sword. Then we'll gather an army to battle Mira," Ava said, sheathing her sword. "Does anyone know how to get to the dwarven kingdom?"

     "I know the was Miss Ava," Miya said. "Father told me that if you follow the brightest star for a whole night, you'll make it to the dwarves."

    "Alright, looks like we'll be traveling at night."

    Kai grunted, rubbing the chain of his cuffs against the wall, filing it down. He had a perfect escape plan to get out of the castle. The chain snapped, making the elf smile. Quietly, he picked the lock then slipped out into the hall, a sharp rock in his hand. He snuck past the sleeping guards, snagging a dagger on the way. A soldier rounded the corner and Kai pounced, knocking the guy over. After finishing him off, Kai put the armor on then left the castle.

    "Thank the gods," he muttered, sneaking into the forest before taking the armor off. 

   He began to travel in the direction of the dwarves kingdom, knowing that was the way Ava and the group must've gone. Kai arrived where he planted his stash of supplies and put on the clothes and grabbed everything out of it. Worry filled him as he knew that Caspian was still out in the forest, most likely trailing after Ava and the group. 

                                                                                           ~

      A sound in the forest caught Ava and Azura off guard as the others rested. "Did you hear that?" Azura asked Ava.

    "I did. Stay close," Ava stated.

   Both girls saw a figure running through the thicket, causing Azura to back up slightly. The figure came out of the tree at Ava but she blocked it with her shield and threw the dwarf off of her.

    "Where is Kai?!" She yelled, tackling the man.

   "Probably dead by now," Caspian smirked. "Last I saw the elf was being beat."

    Rage filled Ava and she began to hit the dwarf until he was unconscious. She was pulled away from him then she collapsed onto her knees in front of him. Arthur ran over and took Caspian away from Ava. Azura place her hand on Ava's shoulder, only to be brushed off. The poor girl had large tears bubbling down her cheeks as she stared at her hands.

   "I'm sorry Ava," Azura mumbled before walking away to deal with Caspian.

    Arthur had Caspian tied to a tree and took all the weapons off if the dwarf. Azura and Arthur both gazed at Ava who was still sitting in the same place. She really cared for Kai and losing him was taking it's toll on her already.

   "What if she can't go on?" Arthur asked Azura.

    "She has too. We don't have much time," The woman said, rubbing her arms, worry plaguing her. Arthur hugged her gently, knowing she was right.