11:

"Ava are you alright?" Kai asked the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder.

    "I'm ok. Is that guy alright?" She questioned, turning to look at the elf.

    "He's just unconscious, He was beaten pretty badly though. And we don't know how long he's been here or if the queen is after him," Azura stated, walking over.

   "What are we gonna do with him? Miya said we should use him, as he would be a valuable asset to the team. Apparently, he was the strongest soldier on Queen Mira's side," Kai asked.

   "We'll speak with him when he regains consciousness, until then, keep him tied to a tree," Ava stated, gazing at the sword handle in her hand. "I'll speak with him the moment he awakes. We don't know if he is a friend or a foe."

   "Alright," Kai stated, walking over to the soldier.

   Ava stuffed the handle into her rucksack then stood, walking over to the fire. The heat kissed her cold skin as she sat down next to Miya, who was eating some soup that Azura made. Ava watched the flames flicker and dance, humming a small tune her mother used to sing to her. Through all of this, she hadn't realized how much she missed her mother. Ava pondered about what her mother could be doing. Was she looking for her? Was she safe? These thoughts plagued her as she tried to eat.

    "Are you ok miss Ava?" Miya asked. "You seem troubled."

    "I just miss my mother."

   "I miss my father. He is a really kind man. He is on your team so there is no need to worry about him when you battle my mother," Miya stated. "Mom hated that he always spoke of the prophecy. She grew to hate my dad and they split up after my birth."

    "I'm sorry. I wish I understood but I don't have a father. He was never around to take care of me when I needed him the most," Ava stated.

   Miya just nodded at the girl, unsure of how to answer her. Silently, she leaned her head on Ava's arm, seeming to be tired and wanting comfort. Ava let her, gently patting her head and she smiled. Kai walked over, kneeling by thee fire, gently pushing the burning coals of wood around with a stick, causing the flames to get bigger than before. 

    "You two should rest. I'll take the first watch," Kai muttered, seeing Miya asleep. Ava nodded then lifted Miya up, carrying her sleeping form to her tent.

                                                                                            ~

      Cold water dripped on the floor of the cell belonging to Caspian, a lone dwarf. The sound of heels clicking drew his attention up to see Queen Mira. "I need your assistance Caspian. I need you to hunt and destroy the girl from the prophecy and her little friends. Then I want you to bring back my daughter," the evil queen said.

   "What's in it for me woman?" the male grumbled, moving and causing his chains to jingle.

   "Your freedom and maybe I'll spare your family if you succeed."

   The dwarf smirked then nodded, he was a traitor after all. Mira sent the guards in then they released Caspian from his prison. Mira smirked, thinking she was going to win this war that hadn't even started. Caspian was given his daggers, a satchel of food, a bow and some arrows, and a set of dwarf armor that belonged to his father. Caspian left without another word.