𝟬𝟭𝟮 don't let spider-man get in the way

chapter twelve, don't let spider-man get in the way

tw: there's a somewhat sexual scene in here, i think
it takes up majority of the chapter sorry, mentions of
choking kink?? 🫣 (ik some ppl don't like it)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The following Monday was what Freya had been dreading this entire time. How was she supposed to go into school knowing she killed her mom and everyone thinks it was Curt Connors's fault? A part of Freya didn't even want to get out of bed, but she had to, which is why she currently stood outside of the school's double doors. She was too scared to even step inside, even her being outside she was still being stared at, and Freya could hear the whispers. Perks of having super hearing, right?

      Her hands gripped onto the straps of her backpack, trying her best to calm herself down, because none of her friends were near. That was her doing, though. Freya didn't want them to worry about her, because she swore she was fine by herself, but now that she's by herself — it's a lot harder than Freya thought. A deep breath left her mouth as her eyes were glued to the double doors that students were walking into, but Freya couldn't seem to move.

     "Hey," A voice then spoke, causing Freya to snap out of her own mind and look to the side, where Mason stood. "You okay?" The boy asked.

Ever since Mason found out that the same thing that happened to him happened to Maia and Freya too, he became a lot more tolerable in Freya's eyes. Sure, he had his usual anger outbursts, but so did Freya. Maybe that was why when she saw him, she felt calmer. Having someone who understands the anger you feel because they feel it too, makes life a lot easier.

"I'm fine." Freya nodded, but it sounded so unbelievable that it actually made Mason laugh.

     "Then let's go inside." Mason then said to the girl, beginning to walk towards the double doors, but stopped and turned to look back when he realized Freya wasn't following.

     Freya's gaze met his eyes and an uneasy sigh left her mouth, feeling her feet begin to move towards Mason, who waited to walk until Freya was by his side. The two walked through the double doors, and it felt like all eyes were now on Freya. Black Cat. The girl who tried to kill Spider-Man. The girl who killed her mother. She looked around at the students staring back at her, and then her gaze shifted forward, a feeling of guilt washing over her.

     "It'll be fine. Come on," Mason then spoke, continuing to walk deeper into the school, and Freya followed him.

     They turned a corner, and Freya's eyes immediately fell upon Peter, who seemed to be preoccupied with Flash in a conversation. Mason looked down at the girl, "I'll catch you later." He laughed, and Freya didn't have a chance to respond as she watched him continue walking straight past Peter.