Chapter 3

3- Bad memories
Louis ran as fast as he could, not stopping to look at the back. He could hear the men cursing and swearing as they ran after him. His only choice was to go into hiding because he was getting tired of all the running.

His feet took him across the familiar route and he found himself standing in front of the hotel once again.

Hoping that Harry would let him in, he frantically banged on the door "Harry open up!"
"Harry! They're after me!" He shouted, his voice panicked "You have to help me!"

Louis looked back at the men who were approaching him, his eyes filling with tears. The men's nasty faces were hungry as if they'd kill him right there.

The door opened and Louis saw Harry's worried face. Without thinking Louis pushed past him, a chill running down his spine as they touched.
After Louis stepped inside Harry looked outside but the men had already started to run away.

"What happened?" He turned to him, this time hoping that he might tell the truth. He saw Louis's face and he stopped himself from asking it again.

He wanted to go up to Louis and comfort him but he knew he couldn't.

Louis stood in the centre of the room sobbing quietly to himself.

He finally managed to stop himself and rubbed his eyes which were red and puffy from crying. "I'm -I'm sorry for just coming in like that" he hiccupped.

"It's okay" Harry answered, meaning it. He took a step forward but decided against it and moved back.

"Can you tell me who they are. Or why they're after you?" He asked him. It wasn't as if Harry was persistent, he was just worried about this boy.

Louis shook his head "I'm sorry but I can't right now, please don't throw me out. I beg you" Louis said, pleading.

Harry who was always a softly at heart nodded his head because he couldn't see the poor boy in front of him cry. "Don't worry, I won't"

Louis gave him a small but grateful smile.

"You can stay here, since...well you know the men are after you and all" Harry told him, walking towards the window.

At his words Louis's eyes lit up "Thank you so much"
"Are those men still out there?" He asked walking towards the window to join Harry. Harry glanced from the window and shook his head

"There not here anymore. Guess they didn't see you come here" he said.

"That's weird though, because I'm sure Bradley saw me come this way" Louis said his thought out loud.
"You should be glad they're not here" Harry said moving away once he realised how close Louis was.

Louis not noticing Harry's sudden action just nodded his head "I am glad. It's just weird they didn't knock here"

"You're really not from here are you?" Harry asked him, Louis nodded his head "Yeah, my town's pretty far form here"

After that Harry told Louis he could do whatever he wanted to do since there wasn't much to do at the hotel in the first place.
Louis just strolled around the living room, observing all the unique and vintage items kept there.

"So when will your parents be back, again?" Louis asked, looking at a small tea-set kept on one of the shelves.
When he didn't get a reply, he turned around to see that Harry was no where in sight. "Harry?" He called out.

Without Harry's presence in the room it looked quite creepy.

He forced himself to get rid of the odd feeling, as he walked towards the long corridor.
"Harold you here?" He called out and the second he said those words he felt somebody grasp his shirt back.

Petrified Louis moved back with a jolt to find Harry standing in front, a frown on his pale face. "Don't ever call me Harold again" he snarled.
Louis felt as if his body had turned to ice as Harry's hand grabbed his shirt.

His words were caught in his throat, as he struggled to say them out loud. "I-I won't" he whimpered, his eyes filled with terror.
Something changed inside Harry as he looked at the boy's fearful eyes and let go of his shirt, looking down.

Louis regained the familiar warmth of his body again. "I'm sorry, I didn't know" he apologised to Harry.

He heard him sigh before he spoke "Just don't say it again, it brings up memories"

Louis wanted to know what memories but he just nodded his head, knowing what it felt when someone triggers an old memory

"I won't" he repeated.

"So when are you parents coming back?" He asked remembering why he was calling Harry in the first place.

"They'll be here in a week or so" Harry replied.

After that Louis just sat on the sofa in the living room, playing with a ball he found.

"Louis?" Harry spoke causing Louis to drop the ball and land on his forehead with a thump, before it rolled over somewhere on the floor.

"Yeah" he asked "what is it?" He rubbed his forehead.
"What are the people like in your town?" Harry questioned, coming into Louis's view.

Louis's face paled a bit at the mention of his town before he brought himself to speak "They're....okay I guess. I bit old minded though. Why do you ask?".

"Just wanted to see what's it like in other towns" Harry shrugged.

"Wait, so you mean to tell me you never went out to another town before?" Louis stood up.

Harry nodded his head, causing Louis to widen his eyes "My parents didn't let be go outside town much, unlike my sister" he admitted.

"Well I guess it's okay to some extent, they must be over protective of you" Louis tried to somewhat comfort him.
Harry just shook his head "It's the opposite, to be honest. They don't care about me at all"

A.N

Hello! Sorry if this chapter's shitty. I have to go and learn for my exams, which is why I couldn't put much thought into this. I promise the next chapter would be a lot better :) Just consider this as a filler okay? Yes okay. Until next time Toodles!

Thoughts on the chapter?

Why do you think the men left without coming inside the hotel?

Why do you think Harry's parents didn't like him? Or is it just what Harry thinks.