Chapter 10

10- Family
Louis cried in Harry's arm, his body trembling under. Harry stood there wrapping his arms around him, hoping that despite his body was cold, he could somehow provide Louis comfort.

When Louis told him about his life back at his home, if home's what he should even call it.
Harry's mind was whirling with how this poor boy would have faced those heartless people. How difficult it must've been for him to be who he really is when everyone he knew wanted him to die.

Death is something which a lot of people fear. And they fear it right, because they don't know what will happen when you finally close your eyes forever.

Forget that even Harry doesn't know what happens after you die, despite him being dead. It's one of the most uncertain things in this place. Where most people assume that there's a heaven and hell for people to go to after, most of them don't even believe in all of that.

"Louis?" Harry gently stroked his hair.

The brunette boy looked him, his blue eyes red and tired. He looked younger, smaller right now. Vulnerable even.

"I- I won't mind if you stay here. You can stay as long as you want. Whatever pleases you. But I only ask for one thing in return just please listen to me whenever 'he' comes. I don't want you to get hurt"

Louis nodded his head, clutching Harry's shirt tightly "Thank you so much" he said, as Harry held him.

It was the day, after which Louis had told Harry of his terrible past, when both of them were sitting in front of the window looking at the sun sinking down. The sky spit into different colours and the beautiful orb of fire sunk down being absorbed by the earth.

The two boys sat in silence, listening to the birds which were flying towards their nest.

"You see that bird" Louis pointed at one particular baby sparrow. "I love how it's trying to fly away, but its mum is stopping him"
Harry looked at Louis then back at the sparrow. The little bird flew a few a little before its mum stopped it from going anywhere further "Nice family" Harry heard Louis mumble.

Hesitantly Harry wrapped his arm to Louis's side. Louis finding it comforting relaxed, leaning into him further. "I wish I was a sparrow" he said against Harry's cold body.

"Why is that?" Harry asked, though he already guessed the answer to it.

"I love how their parents are so loving and protective of them, besides they don't have to worry about being gay" Louis cracked a small smile. "Do you think birds can be gay?" He looked up at Harry.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed before he shrugged "I don't know, maybe they are sometimes. I mean you can't help but fall for who your heart likes" he said and Louis knew that he wasn't only referring to the sparrow.

"Harry?" He asked again, wondering if he was starting to bother him with his questions.
"Yeah?' Harry replied after a while.
Louis took in a small breath before speaking "How did you die?"
Harry tensed after his question and Louis knew he shouldn't have asked it.
Harry moved his arm up and down Louis's side "I was... I was murdered" he spoke, his voice low.

This time it was Louis who tensed, he sucked in a sharp breath gripping on Harry's arm. "How? Why would someone do that?" He asked , but Harry shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it right now"

Louis knew he should respect Harry's decision so he just nodded his head and leaned back against him.
"I wish you weren't dead" he mumbled to himself, before closing his eyes.

Louis didn't realise he had fallen asleep until, his eyes opened with a jolt due to something falling.
His first thought that it was Harry probably dropped something, but then his mind went towards the demon.
His body shivered as he got up, and he noticed the temperature in the room had dropped.

Louis had heard stories about demons and evil spirits, from his 'so called friends' when he was young.
Since Louis never met his grandmother he never heard old tales from anyone. When his parents got divorced due to certain reasons, his already distant mother didn't pay any attention to him. She was always busy since she was a working woman and had to look after his seven brothers and sisters.

So whenever his friend would call him over he used to go, to hear the stories from the neighbouring old ladies.
At that age he didn't feel scared because something inside of him knew that they're was no such thing.
But now being able to see a demon and even live with a ghost, he was, he had to admit terrified of what the hateful supernatural force could do.

Louis's feet took him towards Harry's room, where he noticed Harry usually was when he wasn't with Louis.
Louis was never a daredevil and neither was he a coward. He knocked on semi-open door before stepping inside. Harry was no where to be seen and by what he had faced before Louis knew he shouldn't stay in the empty room for the sake of his life and Harry's disappointment.
He sighed, shutting the door before he heard another sound from the room. Confused Louis opened the door finding it empty once again but this time Louis realised that they're was another room from where the noise might've come.

"Harry are you in there?" He asked and he was sure he had heard a 'yes' from the other side. Satisfied Louis quickly walked towards the door and twisted the cold nob.
As he pulled open the door, his eyes widened as he looked in front of him and a piercing scream filled the hotel.

A.N
Hello!
How are you people? So what do you think of the chapter?

Thoughts on Louis with the whole family situation?

And what's behind the door?

Please tell me that you think because I love hearing from you all.

P.S Guys I have a favour to ask.
Can you please vote when you read. It literally takes a second, and that second can make my day.
Now I won't stop updating because they're are people who vote and it's just unfair for them if I don't update.
So those ghost readers out there come on guys!