Chapter 4

4- I seem to Care
The day had come to an end and Louis could see the town lights, lighting up one by one through the window in the living room. Harry was busy cleaning up his piano with an old rag while Louis just strolled around waiting for the sun to sink.
After Harry's confession about his parents Louis felt bad for him. Even though he'd only known Harry for two days, he'd grown to care for him in some way.
That usually didn't happen to Louis, like, sure he was a softy at heart but it still took him sometime to like somebody or care for them.

Maybe things were different with Harry because of the way Harry let him stay the night when he was drenched in the rain despite not knowing him or maybe how he allowed him to stay for as long as he wanted to in the hotel.

"Do you ever think about leaving this hotel?" Louis spoke suddenly as he sat down cross legged on the carpet.
"Yeah, all the time" Harry admitted as he threw the rag on the table. He pulled the stool before sitting on it, flexing his fingers along the way.

"Why don't you ever leave then, go for a stroll or something, like I know your parents don't allow you, but they're not here right now are they" Louis knew what he said was basically telling Harry to disobey his parents but Louis just felt weird with the thought that Harry never left this place.
Harry looked at him, his big green eyes staring intently at Louis's blue ones. "My parents might come back while I'm gone" he simply answered before focusing on the piano.
He lifted the lid and brought his fingers to the keyboard.

Using his lean fingers Harry pressed the keys ever so gently as the beautiful sound of the piano spread through the room. Louis's eyes focused on how Harry played the piano, his eyes shut as he played the soft melody.
Without knowing Louis's feet took him towards the piano as he watched in awe, as the curly haired boy play.

Harry finished the piece and his eyes opened to see Louis looking at him. "You play really good" Louis commented, smiling at him. Harry gave him a smile before looking down "I have Mary to thank for that" he spoke.
"Who's Mary?" Louis questioned, trying to sound as casual as possible.
"A very sweet person whom I used to know" The green eyed boy answered vaguely. "Come on I'll show you" he got up.

Harry and Louis walked through the familiar corridors once again this time though Harry took a turn towards the left which lead to a huge door.

As Harry opened the door, it showed a huge room with a king sized bed. The walls were painted a light shade of blue, and on one of the walls were pictures of a small boy which Louis instantly recognised as he stepped closer. "This is my room" Harry spoke, his voice holding a bit of sadness in.
"It's quiet cool" Louis said, meaning it. Harry's room was different. It wasn't like those typical room you see teenagers having now. His walls were clean, no signs of posters or any other stuff apart from the pictures. The bed was neatly made, pillows kept in their place and the floor had no sign of dirty laundry. It was something which Louis found surprising leading him to refer Harry's room as 'cool'.

Harry approached his bedside table which had a two photo frames. One of them was an old fancy metal frame which Harry picked, as he beckoned Louis to come close with his other hand. Harry held out the photo to Louis who looked at it. A teenage girl was standing next to a boy, who looked like a younger version of Harry. He was looking at the girl a smile on his face. The girl looked a bit older than Harry as she had one of her arm on his shoulder a smile matching Harry's on her face.

The picture itself looked old, with its black and white colour as it showed the scene of what Louis figured out was a garden. The girl was pretty and though at first Louis thought that she was Harry's sister, she shared no resemblance, which lead to the second thought that she must be Harry's girlfriend or maybe ex-girlfriend.
"She's pretty" Louis blurted out. Harry looked at him nodding his head "Yeah, she was really pretty.."

"Where is she now?" Louis knew he should've stopped with the questions but he wanted to know more about that girl and Harry or maybe just Harry in specific. But Louis should've known that sometimes it's better to hold thoughts in the head rather than speak them out because the next words which came out of Harry's mouth caused his stomach to twist.
"She's dead"

A.N
Sorry guys, I don't think I'll be able to update frequently
1- because it takes me while to come up with something good for the story. So that the chapters don't suck like they are right now....and
2- because I should really be studying rather that writing on Wattpad because I've got Exams this whole week and the next.

P.S picture of my Larents playing the piano. Aren't they lovely?

And since this chapter was a filler I don't even have questions for it, but do share your thoughts about the story :)
Until next time bye! XOX